This new Louis Theroux is heavy (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter tim
  • Start date
  • Replies 128
  • Views 11K
  • Watchers 7
Jesus, I think my original thread title from years ago applies well to the latest episode. Quite terrifying.

Loved the both of them so far. Cancer is shit but it most definitely made me glad to be alive and not have cancer of the perineum/arsehole like that poor fucker.

Only downside is that I've had to revise my "Please turn my life support off and don't let me a vegetable" after seeing that dude waking up and walking after 37 days.

From Facebook:

"For fans in the UK, we're very pleased to announce that Louis' new series begins on Sunday 22nd March at 9pm on BBC Two!

In 'By Reason of Insanity', Louis immerses himself in the world of Ohio’s State Psychiatric Hospitals, meeting patients who have committed crimes - at times horrifically violent - while in the grip of severe mental illness.

They have been found Not Guilty by Reason of Insanity and court ordered to maximum security psychiatric facilities to receive treatment it is hoped will one day lead to their reintegration back into society.

Over the course of these two films Louis explores the nature of mental illness. He spends time with the small subsection of sufferers who have found themselves on the wrong side of the law and bears witness to the extremes of the human condition and experience in an attempt to understand how society cares for some of its most vulnerable and most dangerous members.

We hope you'll be tuning in.

- Rach from Louis' office"

Anyone been watching the "By Reason of Insantiy" two parter that aired last night and the week before? Really tough watching in parts :(

Also Next Sunday is Transgender Kids, which I'm really looking forward to.

The wannabe preacher guy that was released from the hospital in the first episode, he really seemed too fragile to be left so unsupervised. His mother wasn't exactly a rock either.

Good episodes. Poor sods.

Yeah, it was the guy in the second episode that had attacked his mom that really got to me. Such sad stories man. I don't know how Louis does it.

10987508_742387769212408_4645979114517803882_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back