stopping boozing (1 Viewer)

i did it for 14 months cos of tablets once. it was the most boring year of my life. my social life collapsed entirely and i could never figure out what to do between 9 and 2pm on weekends, as everyone i know was always hungover in bed at this time.

I gave up drinking for 2.5 years about 10 years ago after one particularly bad ~14 hour session. The shame made it easy.

i thought it was easy enough to get used to. it's a bit weird going out at first but i didn't miss waking up with a sore head one bit. i liked the fact that my weekend didn't consist of lost sundays anymore and you really feel like you're getting a lot more value for your free time

stopping boozing doesn't have to mean totally cutting it out though.. even cutting it down a little bit makes a big difference

i thought it was easy enough to get used to. it's a bit weird going out at first but i didn't miss waking up with a sore head one bit. i liked the fact that my weekend didn't consist of lost sundays anymore and you really feel like you're getting a lot more value for your free time

stopping boozing doesn't have to mean totally cutting it out though.. even cutting it down a little bit makes a big difference
thats harder

just remember

Straight_edge_poster_by_tizar.jpg

VS086.jpg

i have tried that but if i have one pint ill drink till im skint/unconscious

are you purely into the alcohol or are you into the taste / experience of beer?

some alcohol free beers are not that bad these days. I had some 0% Cobra beers at a picnic the other day because I was driving.. just enough to not make me hanker for a beer while everyone else was drinking because I don't like having even one beer and driving..

just a way to think about the "transition" and not feeling like an outcast...

actually, do pubs in Ireland even sell alcohol free beers?

Apart from a couple of nights, I've been mostly off the drink since January. It definitely does affect your social life. At a certain point of the evening in a pub, you just get a bit tired and want to go home, when everyone else is having a mad time altogether. It's hard not to let it affect nights out. It is nice though generally to be a bit clearer in the head most of the time.

I went off it initially as I was training to do a half-marathon and I wanted to beat the shite out of my friends. But after getting lashed after the race, I realised I didn't particularly feel like going back to old habits. So haven't had much since apart from the very odd pint.

Last time I went off it was for about 3 months during my undergrad, as I was in terrible form and hangovers weren't helping my mood. That was an odd experience, particularly at that age, and being a stuuuuuudent. People thought I'd gone mad, going out and not drinking.

Disclaimer: This is all likely to change at any moment. Most likely at Primavera.

I don't know your life but if you literally can't stop drinking after taking a single pint then you have some sort of problem and maybe AA or some other organised help might be necessary. I'm not taking the piss. I've wondered about it for myself before. Is there an atheist version of the AA?

I don't know your life but if you literally can't stop drinking after taking a single pint then you have some sort of problem and maybe AA or some other organised help might be necessary. I'm not taking the piss. I've wondered about it for myself before. Is there an atheist version of the AA?

thats a bit of an exaggeration, i just drink a lot when i go out at the weekends. the ammount i drink isnt really the problem its more the way i act when im drinking that pisses me off, i know that doesnt make sense but you know what i mean.

thats a bit of an exaggeration, i just drink a lot when i go out at the weekends. the ammount i drink isnt really the problem its more the way i act when im drinking that pisses me off, i know that doesnt make sense but you know what i mean.

Ah right so, carry on. How about drinking shandy or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back