Six Nations 2014 (1 Viewer)

That's France time. 5PM here so ... 1 with you? US changed the clocks already right?

Bang on, brother.

I have been persuaded to put my class prejudices aside and watch this at a friend's house.
Maybe it is the noble, patriotic thing to do.

Everything's off if it rains though.

Hmmm, a point in it at half-time, we should really be ahead though.
40 minutes to sort it out
nail-biting.jpg

i walked past michael stevens on the way to the pub for this wearing my groom t-shirt that has a ghost on it that looks like a klu klux klan member. that chain of events will be my lucky charm from now on.

I had the misfortune of having to go see this with mates for a paddy's day weekend get together type thing. Christ it's such a boring game. no ebb and flow to it at all. Like watching Chelski vs Barcelona at times. Horrible godawful sport supported by fucking dopes. Everyone went ape shit at full time of course, then went home. London innit what can you do ?

Had some english mates texting me to congratulate me, like I gave two shits. Kept replying "Yeah Coleman's last minute winner was fluke alright, we'll take what we can get" They hadn't got a clue.

And by the way, Zidane's last game, will always be the most iconic image of a sportsman at the top of his game, forever and for all time one of the most heartbreakingly beautiful moments of failure and loss that has ever been captured in any sport. Witnessed by billions, not just a tiny pocket of boggers and snobs.

;)

I had the misfortune of having to go see this with mates for a paddy's day weekend get together type thing. Christ it's such a boring game. no ebb and flow to it at all. Like watching Chelski vs Barcelona at times. Horrible godawful sport supported by fucking dopes. Everyone went ape shit at full time of course, then went home. London innit what can you do ?

Had some english mates texting me to congratulate me, like I gave two shits. Kept replying "Yeah Coleman's last minute winner was fluke alright, we'll take what we can get" They hadn't got a clue.

And by the way, Zidane's last game, will always be the most iconic image of a sportsman at the top of his game, forever and for all time one of the most heartbreakingly beautiful moments of failure and loss that has ever been captured in any sport. Witnessed by billions, not just a tiny pocket of boggers and snobs.

;)
sorry for your troubles man. I had no difficulty avoiding it.

at times on saturday, my scalp was throbbing from the intensity. when sexton crossed for his second, i made my 5y.o. son, who was minding his own business at the computer, cry with shock. right result, right champions and great for the game in general that greater skill and style can still win out over brute force alone.

we've been over this already, yet you continue to shit on others' enjoyment of the game, despite cogent rebuttals of your inane rants.

from upthread, it's pretty clear your problem with rugby stems from daddy issues and your projections and inferences undermine any possible traces of logic or rigour in your argument.

why you continue to relate rugby to the lowest common denominator sport merely underlines your petty asininity. objectivity is clearly a concept alien to you (not to mention your misunderstanding of tidal metaphors (unless you were watching a different game from me or simply don't comprehend the sport (which it's o.k. to admit))).

go away and maybe talk to some people who will challenge rather than reinforce your small-minded ignorance. or just go away.

@scutter - what o'driscoll has done for irish rugby is not simply to show up for work and collect his pay cheque. to cite an example even @washingcattle might comprehend, he has raised the aspirations and expectations of his peers through example and rigour, akin to when roy keane got sober and focused on continually improving his own standards and setting new levels of best practice for those around him. their respective sports are better for their efforts and will be so for good.

@scutter - what o'driscoll has done for irish rugby is not simply to show up for work and collect his pay cheque. to cite an example even @washingcattle might comprehend, he has raised the aspirations and expectations of his peers through example and rigour, akin to when roy keane got sober and focused on continually improving his own standards and setting new levels of best practice for those around him. their respective sports are better for their efforts and will be so for good.

and got well compensated for his efforts. I think its right that people should be expressing admiration and respect for him. To have maintained such high standards, both on and off the field, is admirable. But thanking him? The guy did something that, I'm sure, every rugby player (or any competitor in any sport) can only dream of. He has had (and will continue to have for another while anyway) the world at his feet. Hes led (earned) a very charmed life and will continue to do so for the rest of his days.

So I don't think thanking him is either correct, nor does it do justice to him.

IMO

and got well compensated for his efforts. I think its right that people should be expressing admiration and respect for him. To have maintained such high standards, both on and off the field, is admirable. But thanking him? The guy did something that, I'm sure, every rugby player (or any competitor in any sport) can only dream of. He has had (and will continue to have for another while anyway) the world at his feet. Hes led (earned) a very charmed life and will continue to do so for the rest of his days.

IMO

fair enough, but i'd like to think i'd be thanked by my boss, colleagues and clients on retirement.

IMO

I think the whole thank you BOD thing is a little mawkish. But I do understand it, he's brought an awful lot of happiness to people over the years and it's not unreasonable to feel gratitude towards people who do that. There's loads of Arsenal players over the years who I'd feel similarly towards, many of whom made as much money as O'Driscoll has made in the past 15 years in a fraction of that time.

Gonna throw this out there, excluding GAA people, because we have all the greatest players in history wth that, the only Irish person who has ever been better at doing their sport* than Brian O'Driscoll is Katie Taylor.

* In all time ranking the greats, you can only beat what's in front of you, terms. Keane, McGrath etc were obviously brilliant, world class footballers but y'know; Pele, Messi, Maradona etc.

Forwards:
Props & Hookers will always be subbed, so your best bet for trys, a full 80mins and a man of the match are back rows and captain second rows.

Solid choices:
Picamoles – France
Parisse – Italy
B. Vunipola – England
Heaslip & O'Mahony – Ireland

Backs:
Wings & fullbacks are your best chances of trys.

Solid choices:
Fofana- France
North/Cuthbert - Wales
Brown – England
R. Kearney – Ireland

And if you can really be bothered, swap in more players from whatever team/what kicker is playing against Italy and Scotland. As they are rubbish.

Kickers
Halfpenny - Wales
Sexton - Ireland
Farell - England (though he is a proper wanker.)

I came last.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back