Six Nations 2014 (1 Viewer)

where do you stand on the doping stories? curious, especially in light of your comments on jamie heaslip upthread.
I abhor doping. But seeing as its rampant in practically every sport that exists its not difficult to turn a blind eye to it. Its either this or just don't watch/follow sport any at all. Sadly.

where do you stand on the doping stories? curious, especially in light of your comments on jamie heaslip upthread.

and I pulled someone up on this in twitter a while back. Someone who tweets constantly about how rotten cycling is (and pretty much always has been), and how he can't understand how anyone can follow the sport knowing what they know. Yet he also tweets about how great rugby is, despite acknowedging that doping is rampant in the sport.

and I pulled someone up on this in twitter a while back. Someone who tweets constantly about how rotten cycling is (and pretty much always has been), and how he can't understand how anyone can follow the sport knowing what they know. Yet he also tweets about how great rugby is, despite acknowedging that doping is rampant in the sport.
Really, rampant is it? Name one case off the top of your head. The two sports are incomparable in terms of doping. Of course professional athletes are on a whole cocktail of supplements that doesn't mean that there's anything like the same level of widespread use of banned substances.

Really, rampant is it? Name one case off the top of your head. The two sports are incomparable in terms of doping. Of course professional athletes are on a whole cocktail of supplements that doesn't mean that there's anything like the same level of widespread use of banned substances.

don't mix up being caught with doping. Its absolutely rampant in rugby (as it is in soccer and almost every other professional (as well as some amateur) sports. You only have to look at the body (jawline in particular) shapes of players (southern hemisphere in particular) to know that.

One case? Jamie Heaslip

So having a square jaw means you dope? My husband and I better take another look at the contents of our vitamin supplements.

Silly me, I was under the impression that people naturally come in different shapes and sizes.

don't mix up being caught with doping. Its absolutely rampant in rugby (as it is in soccer and almost every other professional (as well as some amateur) sports. You only have to look at the body (jawline in particular) shapes of players (southern hemisphere in particular) to know that.

One case? Jamie Heaslip
What about him, he had no case to answer for? People are so cynical these days you can say things like oh everyone's at it and anyone who disagrees is naive, I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but the facts don't support it in this case. Rugby players are subject to frequent testing and examination. You'll have to cite some examples for me to let you away with comparing rugby to cycling. One has a systemic culture of doping the other doesn't. Or at least doesn't appear to. Matt Stevens is the highest profile case I can think of and it was cocaine he was done for and he was banned for something like two years as a result.

I don't want to get into something that makes it look like I'm specifically attacking rugby on the doping issue. I would never single it out that way. Its sport in general and more specifically (though not exclusively), professional sport.

People are so cynical these days

Says the lad who spent the first part of this thread banging on about how Soccer/Gaelic games players where basically thugs.

I abhor doping. But seeing as its rampant in practically every sport that exists its not difficult to turn a blind eye to it. Its either this or just don't watch/follow sport any at all. Sadly.

Practically every sport eh ? Not one positive result for doping at the Football world cup though.:D

So cheating is defined by conning the ref and not banging steroids into yourself til you look like a shaved gorilla is it ?

Says the lad who spent the first part of this thread banging on about how Soccer/Gaelic games players where basically thugs.

Practically every sport eh ? Not one positive result for doping at the Football world cup though.:D

So cheating is defined by conning the ref and not banging steroids into yourself til you look like a shaved gorilla is it ?

I would say every player who played in the world cup was doped up on something. Some more than others. That Robben lad is definitely on a combo of testosterone and EPO, so something that would result in similar effects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back