shemozel in thurles yesterday (1 Viewer)

CITY BABY

Website
www.thefreebooters.com
was watchin the cork v clare game on the box yesterday, there was a bit of gettin ta know ya before the match, twas a bit bizzare as it was about 15 mins before the match when the players were just doin their warm ups, great stuff altogether, but anyways michael leister referred to it as a shemozel!!! which meself and the quare wan had a great laugh at! but then before throw in Ger Canning mentioned the shemozel that went on before hand!!!!!!....bizzare ,then yer man Duignan started talkin about the shemozel, we were in stitches but confused had the all started watchin snoop dogg fo'schizzle or wha', but thats not the end of it, i was watching the highlights on the sunday game that night and Pat Spillane started talkin about the shemozel they showed what happened and up in the corner of the screen was written cork v clare -shemozel.

has anyone heard this phrase before, was it just passed at congress that in the interest of the game ,slappin a lad acrross the jaw with the ash will be from hence forth called a shemozel????

(very) oddly enough, I watched that match. pretty funny. THE HUNGER. "shemozel". weird word. reminds me of johnny caspar:

Johnny%20Caspar.jpg

"I'M SICK OF THE HI HAT!!"

who incidentally enough is on seinfeld right now. oddly enough!

it was a brouhaha.

but shemozel is could be used too.

Clare were poor yesterday. There was no bite to the game at all. It was like watching a league match.

they should both be trun out of the chompionship, expecially cork. i missed the scrap at the start but that was the worst munster hurling match i can remember. although ronan curran was brillint. i hope johnny mullane doesn't lave down the peeple of wathafud and they win munster and the all ireland this year.

there was a big schemozzle/melee/fracas before the offaly v leix match as well, but nobody cares about us now that we are shit... :-(

The more time passes, the more you realise that the 90s was a golden age for hurling.

hope waterford and galway can shake it up this year. The Championship needs a lift.

they should both be trun out of the chompionship, expecially cork. i missed the scrap at the start but that was the worst munster hurling match i can remember. although ronan curran was brillint. i hope johnny mullane doesn't lave down the peeple of wathafud and they win munster and the all ireland this year.

there was a big schemozzle/melee/fracas before the offaly v leix match as well, but nobody cares about us now that we are shit... :-(

Munster hurling has been on a serious downward spiral this long time now. There is the odd good game gives slight redemption, but this isn't usually until the final. If you've seen any of the Cork-Clare games the last few years, most were far worse than that debacle on sunday. At least Clare are trying to make a fresh start though. They hung on to those stalwarts for way too long, and that has affected the team in a big way.

Waterford-Cork will be an interesting one. But theres no guarentee it'll be any use. If one team goes behind, they'll have to decide whether to bother making any effort to come back or not, knowing that if they lose they'll end up in a qualifier group that they'll have no bother getting though. It will mean an extra couple of games, but they'll be no worse off.

Judging by how weak Cork's forward line was on sunday, and how much Waterford's backs tightened up by the end of the league (with the exception of 1 position), they should take Cork comfortably. Whether they win the all-Ireland or not will depend on Kilkenny, and in particular on their mindset. They tend to get very lethargic the year after winning. It had looked to be well set in by the end of league.

And on the shemozzle. It was bad form, but looked highly orchestrated (and not by Cork). It backfired in a big way. If theres fall-out from it, 2 Cork players could be facing bans, along with one Clare player (the 3 main instigators judging from the TV pictures).

I nearly plotzed when I heard it on the sports report on Today FM yesterday, I assumed the announcer was taking the piss or had a bet with his mate that he could get the word in somehow but then he used it again and people were texting in asking what it meant?!?!?!

I lost count of the amount of times people were saying it on the Extra Time phone in thing on Newstalk last night as well.

I guess it adds a schmeckle more to my vocabulary though and that can only be a good thing.

I work with a fella from Athy.

Uses shemozel a quare load of times altogether.

hey hey hey stop jonzing in on the hurling thread now that your english association football is over - you've made your bed... :p stick to (smallE)eircom league threads, mo hey now. summer soccer, n all that, suppose to be skerratchin that itch for ya whah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back