RTE film reviewers - Dirty Plagiarisers! (2 Viewers)

Okay, here goes...

I have spoken to Taragh regarding the issues you raise and she would like to respond to them personally (see below).

However I would like to say that Taragh is a very experienced and knowledgeable journalist who is extremely hardworking and dedicated to her work and I have absolute confidence in her.

Regards
Editor, E-Publishing

Hi Wayne,

Thank you for taking the time to mail in your comments to RTÉ regarding my work and review of ‘Step Brothers’ on RTÉ’s website.

Firstly I would like to assure you that RTÉ reviewers always see the film/ production that they are reviewing. I did see this film and have seen every film that I have reviewed over the last ten years.

After years of reviewing for print, TV and radio I have enough experience to feel confidant in my work and to stand over it. Obviously I see the comparisons in the two versions that you have highlighted below and well done on picking up on the two but I cannot explain it at this end. As always I did read widely in my preparation for both the review and the interviews that I did with Will Ferrell and John C Reilly but that is something I would always do as part of the research process. I do not plagiarise. I can also assure you that I have never received such a complaint before and neither have any of my managers regarding my work, with whom I have discussed your email, prior to today.

Best regards,

Plagiarismo (names edited for anonymity)

So its all a coincidence eh??? Thats fishier than a truckload of mackeral jacknifing into a John West cannery...

For a journo, she's not great at the spelling or punctuation.

Maybe that's why she has to copy other people's work.

Whatever about her letter of explanation, I'd say she's in trouble with her bosses. She'd fucking want to be. Anyway, it's not hard to rejig someone else's words or turn a sentence backwards to hide your thievery but that was some lazy plagiarism.

That picture of Scott Templeton actually made me hiss.

translated

After years of reviewing for print, TV and radio I have enough experience to feel confidant in my work and to stand over it.

After years of reviewing for print, TV and radio I have enough experience to feel confidant that no one reads RTE so therefore it seemed like a good idea to put someone elses review up

Obviously I see the comparisons in the two versions that you have highlighted below and well done on picking up on the two but I cannot explain it at this end.

They are the same and well done on seeing it - i have no come back

As always I did read widely in my preparation for both the review and the interviews that I did with Will Ferrell and John C Reilly but that is something I would always do as part of the research process.

i didnt bother to go see it - but instead i looked for loads of reviews and try to cobble together a review. but the empire one was pretty complete so i took that one instead

I do not plagiarise.

I plagiarise.

I can also assure you that I have never received such a complaint before and neither have any of my managers regarding my work, with whom I have discussed your email, prior to today.

this is the first time i have ever been caught out as my manager never checks my work

Best regards,

you bastard

I got caught after plagiarising an essay in school.
Can anyone here say they've never nicked a riff for one of their hit songs?
I stand my Tamara and her employers. This is clearly a huge coincidence and even if it isn't then they're great anyway.

I used to take descriptive passages out of The Lord of the Rings and put them in essays for a bit of padding. No-one noticed.

While we're on the subject, my girlfriend totally thinks I'm a witty hoor for coming up with your tagline Moods For Moderns. She didn't ask if I did, but I never said I didn't - y'know that way?

Pollock of disappointment.

Taragh Templeton-Grant... it trips off the tongue alright.

Here, how dja like the copy on that?

Touch of the TTGs of it there now in fairness boss

'kin right there are. Just back from a three day wedding. I'm amazed I can still switch on me Internet, never mind cut and paste it. Woke up locked, two days running.

Pints?

Pints.

While we're on the subject, my girlfriend totally thinks I'm a witty hoor for coming up with your tagline Moods For Moderns. She didn't ask if I did, but I never said I didn't - y'know that way?

Pollock of disappointment.

Solitaire of Confinement. I wish a solitaire was a fish.

Would someone mind hacking her email account, and reading everything, and posting it up please?

I'd love to like, but I've a fierce busy day on.

I'm sure Gambra and the Strange Guy could call in a few favours from anon

is this the thread that will finally make thumped famous? everyone tidy up their avatars and signatures

I'd say they both robbed it from some obscure third party. I mean if you're going to copy a film review you don't take it from Empire! Probably something smaller like, I dunno, a press release.

It's too critical and not glowing enough to be a press release.

Hewitt - Empire
(even Jenkins and Steenburgen, both fine actors, can’t sell the concept that anyone would put up with the crap Dale and Brennan pull)

TLG - RTE
Not even talented actors Steenbergen and Jenkins, who play the parents, can buy into or sell the outrageous concept. It's just not credible that people would put up with the behaviour of Brennan and Dale for so long

She's a cog-artist. Facto.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back