RTE film reviewers - Dirty Plagiarisers! (1 Viewer)

She does the film reviews on The Last Word and is terrible, all she does is tell you the entire plot and routinely gives away spoilers or endings. I had to stop listening to the show on Thursdays because of her, the other dude who reviews with her isn't much better....

She does the film reviews on The Last Word and is terrible, all she does is tell you the entire plot and routinely gives away spoilers or endings. I had to stop listening to the show on Thursdays because of her, the other dude who reviews with her isn't much better....

That's not her.
That's Tara Brady, and she has an annoying voice but certainly knows her stuff.

That Brian Reddin lad who used to introduce films on a Friday night was a terror for that.

lads I can't believe you said all that stuff about me.
You think you know someone...

About the Backgammon, yeah, so I had one of those Nokia phones, and I'm on the DART one morning, bored shitless, a bit hungover and I'm messing around and I found that little Backgammon game.

I almost always beat it like. I have it set to the hardest level now, and I'm still rocking the face of it.

So anyway... really let down.

Report it

Morg I decided to email RTE this morning for the laugh, what else was I gonna be doing? Basically pasted the post I wrote. And I got a great reply... Can I post it here, or is that some kinda breach of privacy? Its from their e-site editor AND said copy/paster... I dont wanna get sued!

Maybe remove all names?

Morg I decided to email RTE this morning for the laugh, what else was I gonna be doing? Basically pasted the post I wrote. And I got a great reply... Can I post it here, or is that some kinda breach of privacy? Its from their e-site editor AND said copy/paster... I dont wanna get sued!

Maybe remove all names?

i wrote in too but no reply yet!

Maybe remove all names?

It's an e-mail sent to you.

It's just like a letter. You own it.

So you so can post it (unless you have signed a confidentiality agreement with RTE, which I assume you haven't).

Okay, here goes...

I have spoken to Taragh regarding the issues you raise and she would like to respond to them personally (see below).

However I would like to say that Taragh is a very experienced and knowledgeable journalist who is extremely hardworking and dedicated to her work and I have absolute confidence in her.

Regards
Editor, E-Publishing

Hi Wayne,

Thank you for taking the time to mail in your comments to RTÉ regarding my work and review of ‘Step Brothers’ on RTÉ’s website.

Firstly I would like to assure you that RTÉ reviewers always see the film/ production that they are reviewing. I did see this film and have seen every film that I have reviewed over the last ten years.

After years of reviewing for print, TV and radio I have enough experience to feel confidant in my work and to stand over it. Obviously I see the comparisons in the two versions that you have highlighted below and well done on picking up on the two but I cannot explain it at this end. As always I did read widely in my preparation for both the review and the interviews that I did with Will Ferrell and John C Reilly but that is something I would always do as part of the research process. I do not plagiarise. I can also assure you that I have never received such a complaint before and neither have any of my managers regarding my work, with whom I have discussed your email, prior to today.

Best regards,

Plagiarismo (names edited for anonymity)

So its all a coincidence eh??? Thats fishier than a truckload of mackeral jacknifing into a John West cannery...

scottalma.jpg

Can I get a :cough::BOLLOCKS::cough: please?

I got caught after plagiarising an essay in school.
Can anyone here say they've never nicked a riff for one of their hit songs?
I stand my Tamara and her employers. This is clearly a huge coincidence and even if it isn't then they're great anyway.

I got caught after plagiarising an essay in school.
Can anyone here say they've never nicked a riff for one of their hit songs?
I stand my Tamara and her employers. This is clearly a huge coincidence and even if it isn't then they're great anyway.

Did you sing, Hey You at a school talent show too? Her reviews are very dense. The fillet of RTE.

Would someone mind hacking her email account, and reading everything, and posting it up please?

I'd love to like, but I've a fierce busy day on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back