new tower records store (1 Viewer)

I can't make up my mind about it. It looks lovely, looking down from the top of the stairs, and all the different rooms/ areas are cool. But the spot lights create too many hand shadows, which freak me out when flicking through the cds/ records.

it's good

can't hear past the 'special guests' so far. or the production.

as it happens, i was in tower today around 2pm. didn't get in early enough for a pass to the signing, but browsed the vinyl for 20 mins, found the last jolie holland lp for 9.99, paid and left to be greeted by legions of screaming fans (not mine) on the footpath outside (both sides of dawson st.) just as f.o.b. got out of their bus. surreal experience.

can't hear past the 'special guests' so far. or the production.

as it happens, i was in tower today around 2pm. didn't get in early enough for a pass to the signing, but browsed the vinyl for 20 mins, found the last jolie holland lp for 9.99, paid and left to be greeted by legions of screaming fans (not mine) on the footpath outside (both sides of dawson st.) just as f.o.b. got out of their bus. surreal experience.

Jolie Holland Rep!!
It sets your story off very nicely.

Must get that last album. Love all the others..

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Jolie Holland Rep!!
It sets your story off very nicely.

Must get that last album. Love all the others..

it's great on the first couple of listens. credited to jolie holland the the grand chandeliers. found it in the sale section (@50% off) which i had to browse using the torch on my phone.

@GO would have been encouraged by the number of kids there today, school uniforms and all, on the mitch for rocknroll.

Was in for the 1st time. Smells nice. Bit bigger. Grand

Anyone know if they have an independent section like they did in the old place? Couldn't see anywhere with any local bands. There was an Irish section but that was mostly trad

gonna have a bit of time to burn around Dublin tomorrow for an hour or 2. This newish tower worth a look or is it basically the same as the other?

It's worth a look yeah still a big store and a bit expensive i havent bought anything when ever ive been in it. Hmv is good for new releases maybe ? Into the void is good if it is not to obscure or specialized. Spindizzy for second hand ?
I had a look at the record shop on exchequer street where the comic book store used to be seems to be nearly all bootleg vinyl excpet for some second hand.

I'm always a bit put off by the new vinyl upstairs, not just by the price of some of it, but I always think most of it is generated from a digital source. Especially those reissue labels. I was close to buying a Scott 4 reissue but didn't....I don't have a problem with digital, I love CDs, but when buying vinyl you want what your paying for.

Too dark. Much preferred open plan nature of old place. You knew the old Tower was a Dublin Tower by way of the gig posters, flyers. The absence of posters in the new place (yes, suitable space an issue) lends a bit of an identity, personality crisis.

ended up burning that couple of hours unexpectedly earlier today.

not too impressed. bought nothing in there. their prices are crazy on some things.

picked up a few bits in spin dizzy, freebird and all city. gotta say, that nordie dude in freebird is a gent. always dead sound to deal with the few times I head in there. some great 2nd hand LPs in stock at the moment

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back