Record Store Day 2011, April 16th (1 Viewer)

had a nice afternoon with the kid down The R.A.G.E. & Tower Records. didn't buy any rsd releases, but got the cfit cd & saw some squarehead & hang sangwidge, so all good, innit.

Did anyone see/get the Flaming Lips 1992-2002 vinyl box set?

It's times like this it sucks to be poor.

Saw some bands I didn't know, saw Squarehead which I did know.

Saw some people off thumped and didn't say hello.

all in all a good day.

Did anyone see/get the Flaming Lips 1992-2002 vinyl box set?

It's times like this it sucks to be poor.

didn't notice it,but wasn't looking for it.

There were a few things I may have bought myself but I didn't see. Big Star lp etc. Probably just missed them.

Where did you get the fucked up LP from Gary? I'm away this weekend and I know I've no chance of getting it this week, just thought I'd ask...

oh and saw Enemies and Squarehead in Tower. Enemies have some really good parts and some run of the mill parts. a bit of weeding out and they could become really good. Squarehead were great. Edgier live than the recordings and sounding all the better for it i thought. and yes it was brilliantly LOUD!

I was thinking about the pricing,and although it's frustrating for people who actually want to buy/play/own the records,the fact that so many just get flipped on ebay means I do think the shops should get a cut. It's not ebay day after all.

My friend bought me the clash one, didn't realise it cost him a tenner though!!
shock2.gif

Was the Clash one just a straight reissue?

For some reason it has the album rather than single version of the magnificent 7 on it, b-side is the cool out. The sleeve is numbered so I guess it's limited but I can't find anywhere that tells me how many copies were pressed.

edit: oh, and it's red vinyl

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back