learn me about xHCx/youth crew/muscles (2 Viewers)

No no, that was Stinky Pinky, but it featured one of the dudes from 2-ITP. Yeah, it was actually 4 In Tha Chamber I was thinkin of, they were called 6 In Tha Chamber first before they accidentally shot two of the members.

A lot of people mistake the name as being a gansta reference; it does however in fact relate to how all of the band members were Judiciary Officials in the United States Supreme Court, and their songs tell humourous anecdotes of when they used to jape & frollick in the chamber, between hearings.

Conor,I thought you'd know by now.
Only people who once claimed they were straightedge have done the following.
Sold out their ideals
Started fights at gigs with people not the same as themselves.
Are afraid of their own sexuality so bring up others sexuality as a way to slag them off.
Act hard when they are really quite wimpy
play music that claims to be punk or hardcore but is actually something else
Are more metal than punk
Are more pop than punk
Are more emo than punk
Live in the past
Are only into it until they get a real job
etc,etc
I know this is true because I read it on the internet and in fanzines before that. I mean,I never witnessed it firsthand,but the evidence is there and if you don't believe it you are only fooling yourself.

Ding ding ding. We have a winner!

I Can't belive that no one has mentioned VOID or SIEGE yet!.

And fer a savage melodic old school heavy-ish hardcore band check out Reason To Believe and also try out Verbal Assault.

Other crackin' good hardcore bands are Urban Waste, Toxic Narcotic, Swiz, SNFU,, Negazione (mental italian hardcore) , Last Rights, Killing Flame, Haymaker for very fast tough guy stuff, Government Warning, early DYS, Direct Control, 4 Letter Word, Die Kreuzen, and maybe even a bit of Big Black!

and give Municipal Waste a go while your'e at it sure.!

Most the bands I mentioned there are more the "classic" hardcore bands as opposed to meathead stuff but it's all worth checking out!

And fer a savage melodic old school heavy-ish hardcore band check out Reason To Believe and also try out Verbal Assault.

Other crackin' good hardcore bands are Urban Waste, Toxic Narcotic, Swiz, SNFU,, Negazione (mental italian hardcore) , Last Rights, Killing Flame, Haymaker for very fast tough guy stuff, Government Warning, early DYS, Direct Control, 4 Letter Word, Die Kreuzen, and maybe even a bit of Big Black!

Most the bands I mentioned there are more the "classic" hardcore bands as opposed to meathead stuff but it's all worth checking out!

ah ya Id all that stuff, I dont mean hardcore its more HAAAAAAAAAARCOOOOOORE!

OONCE OONCE OONCE OONCE BISH BOSH OONCE OONCE OONCE CHUCKA OONCE BISH BOSH.

There's proper hardcore for ya.

I think i've got a hit here, i may be onto something.

I wouldn't really say many of those are classic hardcore bands, other than Urban Waste, DYS, perhaps Swiz and SNFU. Most of the rest have a lot of other influence in their sound.

Void and Siege certainly don't fit anywhere into the xHCx or Youth Crew spectrum, they're far too unorthodox to the sounds of the time, and while they're both certainly hardcore, they're definitely not xHCx or Youth Crew.

I wouldn't really say many of those are classic hardcore bands, other than Urban Waste, DYS, perhaps Swiz and SNFU. Most of the rest have a lot of other influence in their sound.

Void and Siege certainly don't fit anywhere into the xHCx or Youth Crew spectrum, they're far too unorthodox to the sounds of the time, and while they're both certainly hardcore, they're definitely not xHCx or Youth Crew.

Yeah, what I kinda meant was classic old-school sounding hardcore as in not meathead type hardcore. To be honest I don't even listen to much
of that kind of hardcore

I can see Siege being very unorthodox but Void?

Oh, just remembered another great band. Project X. Check 'em out City Boy, they're like a heavier sounding Gorilla Biscuits.

Right, they were a revelutionary type of band who stood out from everyone else but the point that i'm just trying to make is that they are not totally off the wall compared to say, Siege.

Dude, they were at least as off-the-wall as Siege were. If Siege hadn't added in the extended sax-laced dirge at the end of the demo, then they would have basically been just a far more extreme version of fast hardcore. Basically hardcore injected with amphetamine. And, as amazing, original and innovative as they were, they don't hold a candle to Void in terms of uniqueness or idiosyncracy.

There's been NO-ONE that sounds even close to Void in terms of basic FUCKEDness and originality. That schizoid, fucked-up, flipped-out, jittering spazzedness of Void is like nothing else. The only band that comes close is Die Kreuzen.

Actually, in terms of contemporary bands, Sex Vid are FUCKING AMAZING and are the only band I've heard that come close to the damaged noise wrongness of Void/Die Kreuzen.

If anyone who's got experience of playing in a band & can play competently ever wants to try doing a band along the lines of Void/Die Kreuzen don't hesitate to get in touch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back