learn me about xHCx/youth crew/muscles (1 Viewer)

CITY BABY

Website
www.thefreebooters.com
been listenin to quite a bit of hardcore lately.always hated it untill a few months ago but I could do with some musical advise.

What is youth crew??

bands im liking = 25 ta life
murphys law
blood for blood
madball
sick of it all

cant really get into agnostic front.maybe something to do with mirets terrible solo records!

so trev,xgaryx,xconorx,etc tell me what im missin

where can ya buy daycent bandanas?

been listenin to quite a bit of hardcore lately.always hated it untill a few months ago but I could do with some musical advise.

What is youth crew??

murphys law
blood for blood
madball
sick of it all

cant really get into agnostic front.maybe something to do with mirets terrible solo records!

It depends what type stuff you're after really. Never liked 25 Ta Life,1st Murphy's Law is great,but sounds nothing like the other mentioned bands,never liked Blood For Blood,1st Madball 7" is one of the greatest ever,I can listen to them up to the first lp but after that don't care and the only SOIA I would ever listen to now would be the first 7",after that I'm not bothered. I stopped keeping up with the records by Just Look Around,still great live though. I missed them last time unfortunately. For some reason I love all Agnostic Front up to when they split first time. Although obviously the first 7" and lp are the really great records.
I'm not really into a lot of the meathead type stuff,most of the records I like that would unfortunately get lumped in with this scene would probably sound quite different to how you'd expect.

From what you're listing there I would suggest

SOIA - "Blood Sweat, No Tears"
Breakdown - "Blacklisted"
Outburst - "Miles To Go"

and definitely anything by Slumlords.

Gary,im all about the meatheat.|..|
whats abouts the cromags-never heard them ,worth checkin out?
YDL ?
iron cross?

I did like that scotish crowd devide.played with them once or twice in the poke.

and again what is youth crew??

Cro Mags,demo and 1st lp are insanely good. Nothing after that is worth the effort.
YDL are ok at best.(Americans playing oi?) They only had 3 songs released as far as I know. They were on a 7" and also a few comp lp's. I just recently traded the 7" away.
Iron Cross aren't great,again,ok at best. The song Crucified is great though.

I'm fairly mad into Murphys Law, Impulse Manslaughter, Agnostic Front, Spermbirds, No For An Answer, Token Entry, Heresy, Madball and I just bought a cd by Ignite but haven't listened to it yet so the juries out.

didn't the Beastie Boys also have some deadly hardcore songs once upon a time?

Depends on the Ignite album, if its the new one its amazing but its mad "rock" the earlier ones are hit and miss.
Cro-Mags, like Gary said, Demo and Age Of Quarrel are too good for words, everything after that is pretty poor. Best wishes maybe could have been saved if JJ sang on it instead of Harley.
First few Madball albums are good, the EP they done a few years back was good too. Last album "Legacy" was a bag of shite but new one "infiltrate the system" is ok
I personally cant say a bad word about SOIA I think everything they've done is unapproachable.
Agnostic Front are an acquired taste, Victim in pain is fucking unbelievable good then theres some shite, then the street punk albums which I actually like. New album is just metal and fairly poor metal at that but it was produced by Jamey from Hatebreed so its not going to be very "punk"

I think most peoples gripe with old bands new albums is the sound quality, I mean the recording of something like the first SOIA 7" isn't great but the songs stand out as being great so they have a rawness to them ,while the new ones are produced to perfection. Case and point being the new SOIA album "Death to Tyrants" which I rank up there with some of the best stuff they have ever done.

youth crew would be bands like youth of today, bold, chain of strength

if you're liking blood for blood check out sheer terror, killing time, breakdown

check out slapshot, negative approach, judge, indecision, snapcase, champion,

blood for blood quote]

classic B4B quote.

i went to a riot and a blood for blood show broke out! :)

saw them supporting dropkick murphys in a school hall in boston a good few years ago. stage was absolutely chocka with their pals.

What is youth crew??

murphys law
blood for blood
madball
sick of it all

i got bored with 25 ta life. after a fair few listens ricks vocals and the average playing and riffs just got too much. think i flogged what i had by them. tastes changed as well.

murphys law i never got into.

top SOIA : scratch the surface or built to last

since hitting the gym i've gotten back in the hardcore bigtime. bands like abusive action, damaged goods, wisdom in chains, floorpunch, bracewar, have heart, cold world, outbreak and a pile more whose names excape me right now cos i havent had coffee yet.

youth crew is what shay said. its hardcore sans any metal.

I'm fairly mad into Murphys Law, Impulse Manslaughter, Agnostic Front, Spermbirds, No For An Answer, Token Entry, Heresy, Madball and I just bought a cd by Ignite but haven't listened to it yet so the juries out.

didn't the Beastie Boys also have some deadly hardcore songs once upon a time?

theres a few hc songs doted amonst their releases alright. apparently they were hugely influenced by bad brains.

they also had that DFL side project? "pizza man pizza man pizza we deliver!"

I think most peoples gripe with old bands new albums is the sound quality, I mean the recording of something like the first SOIA 7" isn't great but the songs stand out as being great so they have a rawness to them ,while the new ones are produced to perfection. Case and point being the new SOIA album "Death to Tyrants" which I rank up there with some of the best stuff they have ever done.

SOIA are the bees. from start to presently they've constantly freshened their sound up. For me their best of comp would have to be 2 discs with at least 30 songs.

anyone hear that SIOA tribute cd?

youth crew would be bands like youth of today, bold, chain of strength

if you're liking blood for blood check out sheer terror, killing time, breakdown

check out slapshot, negative approach, judge, indecision, snapcase, champion,

again i tired of bands like killing time and breakdown.

snapcase: played "progression through unlearning" for the first time in ages last sunday afternoon at an incredibly high volume and it sounded amazing.

indecision and most precious blood are top drawer as well. even the last MPB which dipped its toe in that new metal sound was half decent. (not nu-metal - i'm referring to bands like killswithc engage and the like)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back