Just Signed up for Twitter (3 Viewers)

There's a huge amount to be said on the issue of sexuality and what is natural versus what is learned. Those camps where they 'cure' gays could fill 500 episodes of This American Life and still not be done. There's also a load that could be said about how different factions of the church approach homosexuality.

I doubt this show addresses any of that in any decent way but I'm gonna go listen now anyway.

I agree with 7. However the reality is that its probably going to be a topic for discussion moreso now (and in the near future) than ever before. But, I believe most of the discussion will be productive and will hopefully eliminate it entirely in the long-term.

What I mean is, things have gotten to a stage where the vast majority have no problem with homosexuality, with people of whatever race, religion or fucking music they listen to, and its more taboo not to be ok with this stuff than otherwise.

There'll be discussion about things like 'same-sex marriage' which will hopefully sort out any imbalances that still exist and someday soon we'll all just be people, distinguished only by what fucking football team we support or something equally as nonsensical.

So, it will get worse before it gets better. At least now I'd be more confident and more comfortable that there will soon be an agreeable outcome.

The God Slot was pushing back against the current orthodoxy of not hating people for who they are. A group of people in this country want to push back against equality on moral and religious grounds.

We are "fascists" and they want to make the counter argument of discrimination.

That is the agenda here. It is not a discussion, it is an attempt to move the markers and frame the overall social debate in a different context.

And they need to be called on it.

These are the same attitudes that have Savita Halappanavar in a coffin and countless young people taking their own lives across the country.

John Charles McQuaid is gone. This isn't their Ireland anymore.

Well I'm 15 minutes in and the only guest they had on the show was an atheist journalist who was 100% against it, and the presenter didn't put up much of a fight. I don't think they're going to talk about it again. Arguably they're hoping their audience will naturally choose against whatever a godless journalist says.

The show doesn't seem especially hateful. Should it be funded by the taxpayer? Probably not.

I do not think this tweet means what she thinks it means

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Angelina Jolie doesn't seem to understand what selfies are

selfiegifoscars.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back