I do love Ulster! (1 Viewer)

Look let me tell you something, everytime they beat one of yas up you should have complained, of course they ignore it but even if it makes it 0000.1% harder for 'em it was worth it.
The more complaints against 1 particular member the better, it prob won't be your lots complaints but it will be someone else who has the means to make his complain work/stick, but it would have being all the earlier complaints that generally have had a stack up effect so to speak.

these kids are 14 and 15, who do they speak up to??especially when they get bashed at home for getting in trouble in the first place, their parents dont listen. i know few of the co ordinators in ballyfermot and coolock, they write letters to local officials and make complaints to garda head office.
do you think they are listened to?obviously not

Shorty said:
Just for factual reasons, but was that asian guy mugged? I think he was the security at the londis (?). Someone on another forum said this.
he's not security, they don't have security at that centra (not londis). he's a nice smiley guy who works on the till.

#dapper# said:
these kids are 14 and 15, who do they speak up to??especially when they get bashed at home for getting in trouble in the first place, their parents dont listen. i know few of the co ordinators in ballyfermot and coolock, they write letters to local officials and make complaints to garda head office.
do you think they are listened to?obviously not
Every bit helps, even if it seems pointless.

Off out to drink cider now ;]

nooly said:
he's not security, they don't have security at that centra (not londis). he's a nice smiley guy who works on the till.

Okay, truth/facts and all that. According to the papers, 3 lithuanians were amongst those arrested for the looting of footlocker.

JANER said:
I know both of these but it doesn't mean cos you know them you have to agree 100% with them.

Of course. It's just you'd treat them differently and with some level of respect and understanding. That's all.

Shorty said:
Okay, truth/facts and all that. According to the papers, 3 lithuanians were amongst those arrested for the looting of footlocker.

what does there nationality got to do with being (alleged)looters?

xsteox said:
what does there nationality got to do with being (alleged)looters?

Oh sorry, I didn't provide context or elaborate (being genuinely apologetic). Not being racist, reactionary, conservative, etc. I'm just attempting to muddy the waters, so to speak. Trying to show the grey areas and that it's not all black and white.

Here's some mcdowell rubbish from the washington post:

A Protestant politician said the rioters had mostly traveled to Dublin from Catholic areas of Northern Ireland.
"We have received a warm welcome from ordinary Dubliners," Democratic Unionist Party lawmaker Jeffrey Donaldson said. "But it's clear these republicans have come from north of the border and other areas intent only on causing trouble."
McDowell blamed the violence on "an organized mob who came to Dublin with the intention of deliberately creating mayhem in a peaceful and prosperous city."
"The only message these people have managed to convey to the people of Dublin and of Ireland is that sectarian violence is, once again, being unleashed against all of the principles of the Good Friday agreement and the overwhelming wishes of the Irish people," McDowell said, referring to the 1998 peace accord for Northern Ireland.

(http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/02/25/AR2006022500716_2.html)

any truth to this comment (in response to the indymedia article) about anarchists taking part ? :

A very good anaysis with regard to the presence of the 'lumpenproletariat' of north inner city Dublin, but he's being a bit disingenuous when he states the anarchists were not involved. All analysts have pointed out three distinct groups of rioters; a) the inner city boys, "gurriers" or "knackers" as they are not so affectionately known in Dublin, b) the "Boys of the Oul' Brigade", the last ditchers, the RSF lads who undoubtedly provided the kernel of the original standoff at Parnell Sq and lastly c) the Anarchists, the middle class, studenty "crusties", perhaps the most contempible of all, several of whose black an red flags were clearly visible.

The evidence of the author supports this, while the inner city guys were getting stuck into the Londis front window booze display and their birds were helping themselves to trainers from Footlocker and Schuh, who dya think was smashing the windows of the banks and MacDonalds? If you think the Sherriff Street mob have a grievance against MacD's then you clearly haven't visited there recently! As for the PD's office, well he rightly points out that it is extremely unlikely that Darren and Deano are overly familiar with the locations of political party offices in south Dublin.

The author also lets slip a small error, earlier as evidence of the lack of Anarchists he states that he recognised no one at the demo, curious then that later after Charlie Bird got a hiding he was helped out by the guys present who knew who he was, what did they just suddenly show up?

Come on now anarchists, don't hide your light under a bushel, come out and be proud this was your victory too! You can tell all your mates about it in the Student Union on Monday. "It was loike mental man, we really trashed the pigs man! Hey Gavin, have you got the keys of Dad's Beemer I need to take moy little sister to ballet practice, yeah loike I know, bummer man, ciao".

i can't claim any credit for that ,I cut and pasted from indymedia
I'd be interested to find out if there was any truth to it

Politakill1 said:
blah blah wank

why don't you take your boring repetitive bullshit and stick it up your arse and fuck off. you and janer would be happier sitting around wanking each other off and talking about how great conflict are when you probably would be sitting around slagging them about their rose-tinted glasses and stupid lefty politics if they weren't such cliched mandatory listening for the likes of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back