I do love Ulster! (1 Viewer)

J-Mak

Website
www.geocities.com
Just not Orangemen! Ever since I moved to Belfast all the troubles have gone south. I got a stuck in a bomb scare down in Blessington when I went to visit my mammy and now they're marching around Parnell street. Imove north and it kicks off in the south. I must have a pacifying effect...

Some pics of the day (i didn't take them):
060225ireland.jpg

20060225t184819z01dub010drtrid.jpg

460_0___30_0_0_0_0_0_two.jpg

460_0___30_0_0_0_0_0_mcdonalds.jpg

460_0___30_0_0_0_0_0_lu_4_barricade.jpg

460_0___30_0_0_0_0_0_four.jpg

460_0___30_0_0_0_0_0_20petrol_bomb.jpg

460_0___30_0_0_0_0_0_02barricade.jpg

Holy fucking shit. What were they thinking leaving a building site full of bricks and other throwables in the middle of it? Did the march go ahead? The poor anarchist black bloc, torn between a good oul ruck with the pigs and their anti-nationalist stance. Hohoho. Still, that's what masks are for.

the strange guy said:
Holy fucking shit. What were they thinking leaving a building site full of bricks and other throwables in the middle of it? Did the march go ahead? The poor anarchist black bloc, torn between a good oul ruck with the pigs and their anti-nationalist stance. Hohoho. Still, that's what masks are for.

nah, the march didnt go ahead, the OO did march around the dail for a while.
It wasn't nationalism, it was an upsurge of working class anger. :p

Given the amount of moustaches and Celtic jerseys I would be more inclined to think it was nationalists and good old fashioned dickheads, as turn up at every protest.

ACTUALLY I TAKE THAT BACK
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Nothing but wanton vandalism

that "attack" is quite odd as it was a good distance away from the rioting. Riots aren't black or white good/bad, people condemning them outright are mostly people who weren't there and are buying the medias line on it.

weeler said:
that "attack" is quite odd as it was a good distance away from the rioting. Riots aren't black or white good/bad, people condemning them outright are mostly people who weren't there and are buying the medias line on it.

Isn't that londis about 45 seconds walk from the end of Nassau Street a car was burned out on (outside that insurance company's office near the dental hospital)?

It's down by pearse st. station, so yes. But the rioting on nassau street was in the other direction mostly - around where the Kilkenny shop is - whatever is going on in those pictures looks nasty and fucked up.

weeler said:

I think that smashing random peoples parked cars and burning them out and robbing their stuff, can safely be categorised as
bad.

but maybe I've just been brainwashed by the media.

weeler said:
Pictures and vids taking from members of public also remember the riots in UK in early 80's?
copycat riots spread from city to city, London,Bristol,Glasgow, Liverpool, Brum etc etc
So the local tracksuited brigade from various parts of the city continued the spread of "protest"
Even in some suburbs u had copy cat kids jumping on cars after stopping them in the middle of the road....
I have read thru about 60 pages so the last bit/post I cannot find to prove my last point.

sarah said:
I think that smashing random peoples parked cars and burning them out and robbing their stuff, can safely be categorised as
bad.

but maybe I've just been brainwashed by the media.
haha
Excellent retort, Weeler sometimes you are too romantic with your idelas/beliefs for your own good.:p

sarah said:
bad.

I agree, but I would classify the looting of foot locker and schuh as good and the fact that for once Irish people confronted the cops and held them off for over 3hours. Having seen them attack many fluffy demos over the years I think they finally got the bloody nose they deserve yesterday.

Like I said it's not a simple case of good/bad, and you shouldn't dismiss it as such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back