Hayfever (1 Viewer)

I'm getting worse by the day, it's so fucking hard to get rid of. My ears are fucked too, and I already have pitiful sinuses.

Hay fever is just a pollen allergy, you could easily be allergic to something else (dust mites/ pet hair/ some kind of food etc). I spend half my life trying to figure out whether my sniffles and sinus pains are allergies or a head cold. Either way, a good hot curry and some Olbas pastilles help.

Not sure if it's been mentioned yet but this is the business for anyone with sinus problems and it works for hayfever, head colds and some other respiratory problems too: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nasal_irrigation. I know it looks disturbing/mad, but it totally works. You just need equal parts sea salt and baking soda and water (to make an isotonic/hypertonic saline solution - not doing this and using normal water instead is painful - you will cry) (about 1 teaspoon of each for every 500ml of water) and something to ensure that the solution goes up one nostril with sufficient force to drive it down the other nostril. If you tilt your head to the side and use a neti pot, gravity will do the rest. Alternatively, you can syringe the water into each nostril using a big syringe or squeezy bottle like a water bottle with a small enough nozzle that it fits inside your nostril. e.g. those sports water bottles with narrow nozzles. The idea is that it clears away any crap that takes up residence in the general sinus area. I recommend it anyway.

Sore eyes - check.
Annoying itch in my nose and throat - check.

Thought it was a headcold but no.
Bit early this year, despite the weather.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back