Halloween experiences (1 Viewer)

No-one knocked into me, apart from the girl who knocked in at four o'clock and I'd nothing to give her and then had to boot up to the shops to panic buy a load of bars and arranged them around me pumkin in the porch. Little cunts.

not even monkey nuts?

I had nothing either. I was gonna give out bags of boil in the bag rice and veggie burgers, cos thats all I had. Then I figured I just wouldn't bother answering the door. More called last night than ever before.

Two terrified little kids got kitkats from me. Betsy was barking like a mad dog and there's no light in our porch. Poor lil tykes and their mas there watching out for them. My ma never came trickertreeting with us back in the old days. Betsy still scared of the rockets n bangers etc.

i brought my daughter down to a bonfire and we saw a deadly scrap between a load of proles. One of their birds got involved and got a box in the face, she didn't know what happened. Cara just thought it was all par for the course, she'll be let down next year if we dont see any live violence.

it was weird, if i had just been standing in the middle of it all on my own i would have been shitting it, but i had a small child as protection so we just had a great laugh.

are we talking teensy Seanc, or massive 10 year-olds? i haven't been afraid of 10 year-olds since i was 8.

Some kids are very good at violence. I’ve seen lots of 10 year olds that would be well able to throw a few good punches.
But they’re there, throwing bangers at you or shouting abuse, getting in your face or whatever, and what are you supposed to do? Hit them? They’re ten for gods sake. Even if you do, you have to be sure to knock them out, because otherwise they’ll run off and you’ll have a whole gang looking for “That guy that beats up kids”. Then you’re really fucked.
How do you handle that situation, if it occurs? I don’t know.

one of my brothers dressed as a chinaman and as i dropped him off in banger city this little yoke comes up to him and goes "aaaaaaaaarrright der, eh.....kon-ee-chee-wha"

haha

What exactly does being Chinese have to do with Hallowe'en? Is it supposed to inspire fear of Chinese economic power or something?

What exactly does being Chinese have to do with Hallowe'en? Is it supposed to inspire fear of Chinese economic power or something?

Fu Manchu innit.

I'm more concerned by the casual non-ironic use of 'chinaman'. I'll get over it.

given that we lived in asia for a long time, we have alot of hakka hats and chinese silk jackets. what's the big deal with dressing up? it's never a problem when girls wear a cheongsam or dress as a geisha, so i dont see why this would be weird. it's not like he dressed as chairman mao.

Fu Manchu innit.

I'm more concerned by the casual non-ironic use of 'chinaman'. I'll get over it.

yeah you will.

Does a Hallowe'en costume have to be scary though? Can't it just be, well, a costume? Past non-scary Hallowe'en costumes of mine have included a cowgirl, a gypsy, a pimp, a rabbit, and erm, Adam Ant....

Does a Hallowe'en costume have to be scary though? Can't it just be, well, a costume? Past non-scary Hallowe'en costumes of mine have included a cowgirl, a gypsy, a pimp, a rabbit, and erm, Adam Ant....

zactly. ive been a bee, and three years in a row i went as suzie wong. i also scraped together a lightning bolt costume one year.

An eight-year-old kid called at my door dressed as a robber - balaclava and all. Boy did my heart stop there for a second.

The kids seemed to go trick-or-treating really early - I knocked off work early to do door duty, but they were all finished by the time I got home. One robber, a spiderman, a witch and what looked like a hulk of some sort, was all that called. What am i do to with bags and bags of jelly eyeballs? Big disappointment. And if I offer the sweets to children today, I'm the villain!

I once went around with a guy who dressed as his dad. How embarrassing. About half way through i told him to tell people he was Charlie Chan.

An eight-year-old kid called at my door dressed as a robber - balaclava and all. Boy did my heart stop there for a second.

The kids seemed to go trick-or-treating really early - I knocked off work early to do door duty, but they were all finished by the time I got home. One robber, a spiderman, a witch and what looked like a hulk of some sort, was all that called. What am i do to with bags and bags of jelly eyeballs? Big disappointment. And if I offer the sweets to children today, I'm the villain!

Man. I bought and ate a heap of those eyeballs. I still feel awful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back