Garlic Recipes (1 Viewer)

simple one - roasting anything in a sealed bag is a goody!

chopped onions
crushed Garlic (as much as you like)
bay leaves
thyme if you have it
carrots chopped and par boiled or quickly mic'd
red pepper chopped
(any veg i suppose)
chicken thighs
pinch of sugar (brown if poss.)

bung all in some tinfoil with a little oil, season, wrap foil around the whole thing like parcel and put in oven for 40mins !bing

Just roast it in a little olive oil.

You can choose to peel the cloves before you roast, or you can just stick them in as is. Roasting them with their skins on results in a sort of mushy clove that you can just suck out, or squeeze onto some nice bread with a little more olive oil, some basil, or just on its own.

Roasting them without the skins is nice, too, though, but if you like garlic as much as I do, peeling a million cloves is too time consuming.

Garlic is quite possibly one of the nicest things about Planet Earth.

jane said:

You can choose to peel the cloves before you roast, or you can just stick them in as is. Roasting them with their skins on results in a sort of mushy clove that you can just suck out, or squeeze onto some nice bread with a little more olive oil, some basil, or just on its own.

Peeling the cloves is something I don't bother to do. I love to squish the gooey garlic out of the skin.

You could make your own pasta sauce and chuck bucketloads of garlic in it, just get a jar of passata, fry up some onions and garlic in a bit of olive oil and then chuck in the passata and some herbs. Lovely.

jane said:

Roasting them without the skins is nice, too, though, but if you like garlic as much as I do, peeling a million cloves is too time consuming.

Garlic is quite possibly one of the nicest things about Planet Earth.
Mix the roasted garlic goo with olive oil and grated parmesan. Spread on bread. Yum.
!cheezy

eat this:

cloves garlic, peeled - many
molten chocolate - lots

instructions: dip garlic cloves in chocolate, cool, eat.

you may laugh, but it is not entirely uncommon.

Eoddy Gorilla said:
Seriously?! Bleurgh!

3 cloves of garlic mashed into a slice of bread = "Crookedy covering-smell-of-alcohol-on-yer-breath when your goin home to your ma" sandwich.

100% rotten.

If you fry tinned Tuna with crushed garlic and chopped chillis, its damn good with pasta. I really miss that, actually.

in first year I was paired with a girl who was as clueless as me in home ec. we were making spagetti bolonase and the recipe said to add three cloves of garlic, we thought it meant three bulbs and... well... it was the first of many occasions were we made our home ec teacher cry.

bandit said:
3 cloves of garlic mashed into a slice of bread = "Crookedy covering-smell-of-alcohol-on-yer-breath when your goin home to your ma" sandwich.

100% rotten.

If you fry tinned Tuna with crushed garlic and chopped chillis, its damn good with pasta. I really miss that, actually.

This is deadly with sweetcorn and/or mayo too. I used to eat this lots when I was about seventeen and trying to put on weight. Muscle not fat by the way.

Seeing as you asked for garlic recipes. Par boil some new potatoes or microwave them for a few minutes. Slice the potatoes thinly. Chop up a couple of cloves of garlic, some red onion and crushed chilies. Through everything in a pan with loads of olive oil and fry til the potatoes are well browned on both sides and you got garlic potatoes. You can also through in curry powder and you've cut curry chips but way nicer.

last night I had a hankering for some lightly toasted bagels with homemade garlic butter spread on top. mmmmm. had none of the ingredients though.

Various things that are nice when, in any situation, put together with garlic:

• olive oil
  • basil
  • garlic
  • oregano
  • pepper
  • pinch of salt
  • garlic
  • crusty bread (for dipping in a dipping oil composed of all of the above)
  • mozzarella cheese on garlic bread
  • garlic
  • tiny bit of chili on garlic bread
:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back