fast fude! (1 Viewer)

Ex-User (250)

Since 2000
i applied to be able to post on fast fude and got denied! what gives? do you have to live in belfast or something? all's i wanted to do was say thanks to some people who said nice stuff about our show up there...

it's amazingly uptight about moderating and stuff. very asinine too. you're lucky hag, honest. its weird that they denied you tho

I know a boy up north who was threatened in a bar with knee-capping for some comment he made about styles of bass playing on it. They're some uptight wankers on the forum.

When you apply to fastfude you need to have a valid email address in your profile, set it to be viewable to the public and also fill out at least a few lines of a bio so we know what you're about. It would great to include your real name as well, it's primarily a forum for helping to build and sustain a music scene, not have anonymous banter. All this is stated on the forum.

The application procedure with EZboard isn't exactly the easiest thing to get right and often people are turned away purely because they have forgotten to tick the box that makes their email address public. Unfortunately this is out of our hands but a quick email to one of the moderators/administrators normally sorts most people out.

As for moderation, Bernard, we sometimes have to be strict because there are a few assholes out there who would take the piss and get the people running things in trouble. If you believe it to be asinine then fair enough, its your perojative. But sometimes I wish the users that knock it would stop moaning about it and actually try and do something positive to change it.

And does anyone really believe that story about the bass player?

Oh, and by the way, I would like to remind people that Fastfude is much more than just the forum. The database of bands, users, gigs and reviews that Roger has designed is an extremely valuable resource and people don't utilise it enough.

choking_tara said:
hahaha

oh and it didn't really appear that people were saying nice things...
ha ha ha, that's not the thread i was talking about, i didn't even know we had one all to ourselves. but that kind of mixed reaction makes me really happy. we're happy to offend people who aren't bothered to make an effort to listen to what we do properly... we have always had lovers and haters, nothing new there. we played a really good set in my opinion that night so i was happy. people were actually up dancing to giraffe running which was crazy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back