DIY Irish HardcorePunk Archive Blog. (3 Viewers)

oh yeah, the 10" too. woops. good brain using. i only ever heard of one demo though.

Well there was one official one, certainly but there was a tape I got a copy of from Doyler years ago (that I wish I still had) which I think had the 7" tracks and a bunch of other ones recorded at the same time. There were better recordings of the "Hello Syphilis" songs on it too..speaking of which, could be senile dementia but I think I've also heard a version of "Hello Syphilis" with an extra song or two as well.
Edser if you need the 10", I have it.
This whole "they sound like Shellac" thing is nonsense by the way, Jackbeast were for more upbeat and aggressive, more like the Skin Graft/Am Rep bands. Some of it it total Unsane/Dazzling Killmen worship. I'm not sure I'd like to hear those instrumental recordings to be honest, a large part of their appeal was Niall's screaming and the borderline dodgy lyrics.
Edser get that Serpents live shit up there.I don't have it and I'm dying to hear it.It's the best recording we did.

i found the 10" mp3s on my computer. think hag or someone upped them years ago.

jackbeast 10" : http://www.mediafire.com/?omezijwye2q

feel free to link that from your blog, ed.

got the null set 10" and early trm 7" tracks (some of their best ever stuff, imo) on here as well, if anyone's interested.

request time - anyone got any Relapse (Louth?!), Split Red (Belfast), Disdain(Dundalk), Frost (Dublin), T.N.T(Dublin) or Jam Jar Jail (Dublin -esp the Dave Fanning Session) they could forward to Ed ?

Right
here's what I've unearthed so far, let me know what you want
Debt live in Germany 98 (tape)
Already Dead demo one (tape - not the one on the discog, this is the rehearsal tape that we gave away at Warzone fest)
Stomach demo from about 96/97(tape)
Sir Killalot rehearsal tape circa "Happy Times in Gorgeous Land"), couple of songs that were never released/recorded
Gee Willikers - two tracks from the demo from about 1994/5 (pre Cheapskate/Debt pop punk a la Senseless Things/Snuff. Savage.)
Neckweed - demo 2 (tape)
Blackbelt Jones - demo(tape)
Scared Shitless - demo(tape)
Pink Turds In Space / Charred Remains (aka Man Is the Bastard) - split 7"
Dagda - "Blind Kings" 7"
more somewhere I'm sure

I can get it from vhs to youtube.

(and DVD)

sound will see what else i have thats worth changing.
thought before about doing gig but where theres no bands just a projector and big screen shown
past bands like jackbeast,gout etc
a couple of quid in for some charity or the like.

what do people think? worth doing?

and jamie im certain burkie has jamjarjail.

listenened to it for the first time in ages the other night. Man, that band were ferocious.
On a related note, I know either Al or Sean has the Christ Aborted demo, lash that up there

i found the 10" mp3s on my computer. think hag or someone upped them years ago.

jackbeast 10" : http://www.mediafire.com/?omezijwye2q

feel free to link that from your blog, ed.

got the null set 10" and early trm 7" tracks (some of their best ever stuff, imo) on here as well, if anyone's interested.

Deadly. Is there a Redneck manifesto 7" with a song called "He threw down his rifle and ran"?

I just put up the following on the Blog

I ripped these two from tapes given to me by Damo.
Black Belt Jones - Presents Zombies Tape (Classic Pop Punk from Dublin around 97 rare stuff!)
Neckweed - Music For Elevators EP (Hardcore from Carlow 96)
These two sent on by Boz
The Steam Pig - Getting Over The Wall With Charlie Harper (Dublin Street Punk 96’)
Brinskill Bombeat - Armageddon Airwaves Album (Wicklow/Dublin Punk 92)
And from Sean
[FONT=&quot]Violent Phobia - No Excuse Demo (Crusty Anarcho Punk, Cork 89)

Thanks Damo, Boz & Sean!

[/FONT]
Thanks to everyone who has sent stuff to me or is offering me stuff to put up, sorry bout my slowness, some of this shit takes ages to put together with my crappy laptop. I'll throw up that Jackbeast link later also. Jamie, yup I'll get that Serpents stuff up soon, and I'll talk to you about all the other stuff your finding soon. In regards the rips of live gigs, could host them up there too if anyone wants to pass some on to me! Love the idea of a night with videos of older gigs, could be a nice thing to have in Semora Spraoi.

Anyway more to come as soon as I can.|..|

http://diyirishhardcorepunkarchive.blogspot.com

I just put up the following on the Blog

I ripped these two from tapes given to me by Damo.
Black Belt Jones - Presents Zombies Tape (Classic Pop Punk from Dublin around 97 rare stuff!)
Neckweed - Music For Elevators EP (Hardcore from Carlow 96)
These two sent on by Boz
The Steam Pig - Getting Over The Wall With Charlie Harper (Dublin Street Punk 96’)
Brinskill Bombeat - Armageddon Airwaves Album (Wicklow/Dublin Punk 92)
And from Sean
[FONT=&quot]Violent Phobia - No Excuse Demo (Crusty Anarcho Punk, Cork 89)

Thanks Damo, Boz & Sean!

[/FONT]
Thanks to everyone who has sent stuff to me or is offering me stuff to put up, sorry bout my slowness, some of this shit takes ages to put together with my crappy laptop. I'll throw up that Jackbeast link later also. Jamie, yup I'll get that Serpents stuff up soon, and I'll talk to you about all the other stuff your finding soon. In regards the rips of live gigs, could host them up there too if anyone wants to pass some on to me! Love the idea of a night with videos of older gigs, could be a nice thing to have in Semora Spraoi.

Anyway more to come as soon as I can.|..|

http://diyirishhardcorepunkarchive.blogspot.com

im loving this blog some real blasts from the past and with some of the stuff people have promised its only going to get better.must have a look and see what i can dig out.FAIR PLAY ED!!!!!!!!!!!

I was over with Tommy earlier troubleshooting his ripping set up.Its all go now but his computer is a real museum piece,he'd been inserting the wrong punch card into its combobulator and was forgetting to give the auld pressure valve a toggle.

The Tommy Trousers treasure trove 'o' tape tunage is mighty impressive mind you!

Here Tommy this lad phoned from the eighteen hundreds,said he wanted his numberjigger back....
387px-IKBrunelChains.jpg

LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back