Damien Dempsey (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter egg_
  • Start date
  • Replies 90
  • Views 9K
  • Watchers 7
trad circle pits at his gig in the iveagh gardens the other night.
a joy to behold.

I'm as big a music snob as they come and I fucking ADORE Damo. I won't have a bad word said about him.

Imagine singing in a "thick Dublin accent" because he's from Donabate. Fuck off you absolute wanker.

Now I'm not going debate whether i was or wasn't a wanker 10 years ago but at least get the reasons for calling me a wanker right.

Firstly the "thick Dublin accent" reference was to set the scene for a quote from Damo that he had said in Tower Records on the day, it didn't reference his singing and it still stands up as being one of the most ridiculous things I have ever heard anyone say from a stage.

Secondly the only thing I said about his music was that it was similar to Christy Moore and it was shit, which I still believe to be the case.

Is it more offensive to say thick dublin accent if you have a thick culchie or nordie accent??

My review, at present of damien dempsey is that he sings like people sing in the shower. If you can't sing, you listen to damien because he can't sing either, but his heart is in the right place. also the proclaimers version of his tune is good - they can actually sing though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back