Currently Writing About... (1 Viewer)

Nah, I've just noticed the odd time I've played shooters on live and a girl has been in the game, the arsehole level goes down significantly.

No, nothing written yet. People have been suspiciously quiet in here – I can only assume they're busy adding the final touches to some shit that'll set the internet on fire.

There is an interesting article in this months "gamestm" magazine about setting up and running a game site. It basically says you can kiss your social life goodbye and expect to break even at the very best (though free shit and trips to shows are possibe - if you're very lucky).

What struck me most about the piece was the emphasis on making the site different from the competition. I think we need an angle. I have an idea for one, but as it's absolutely going to make me filthy rich I, er... uhm.....oh.

What struck me most about the piece was the emphasis on making the site different from the competition. I think we need an angle. I have an idea for one, but as it's absolutely going to make me filthy rich I, er... uhm.....oh.

Is is that we review everything in French?

Because that's been done.

Besides the obvious Irish slant, I think the best 'angle' we can go for is to aim for a balance between quantity and quality. Sites like Kotaku and Eurogamer focus on quantity, belting out news stories like their lives depend on it, but the quality of their opinions (when they decide to give them) is usually total shit. New Skool Journalism, yeh? Games magazines still focus on quality, and that's why people buy them.

That and the fact you can read them on the jacks.

But I think the best way to do it is to get started and see what direction it starts going, rather than trying to shoe-horn the site into a particular direction that it might not wanna go.

So, with that in mind - anyone wanna write a quick 'intro' post, so we can start posting news and stuff? Stuff we'd normally put into the "Xbox 360" thread.

So should I bother writing anymore pieces, is this thing ever going to get started??

Besides the obvious Irish slant, I think the best 'angle' we can go for is to aim for a balance between quantity and quality. Sites like Kotaku and Eurogamer focus on quantity, belting out news stories like their lives depend on it, but the quality of their opinions (when they decide to give them) is usually total shit. New Skool Journalism, yeh? Games magazines still focus on quality, and that's why people buy them.

That and the fact you can read them on the jacks.

But I think the best way to do it is to get started and see what direction it starts going, rather than trying to shoe-horn the site into a particular direction that it might not wanna go.

So, with that in mind - anyone wanna write a quick 'intro' post, so we can start posting news and stuff? Stuff we'd normally put into the "Xbox 360" thread.

i vote stan

The whole legality thing is what's holding me back, if I'm honest. I don't want situations popping up where some good shit comes our way but then we don't know how to share it out and we end up storing bodies in the icy cold game section basement of HMV on Grafton Street.

The whole legality thing is what's holding me back, if I'm honest. I don't want situations popping up where some good shit comes our way but then we don't know how to share it out and we end up storing bodies in the icy cold game section basement of HMV on Grafton Street.

919985_20060508_screen012.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back