Converge in Dublin (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmm that's bad netiquette.. what did it say?

He said 'Even if it was a CD?', to which I replied 'Sure, stick em in the post and I'll return it in a waterproofed bag'. The hilarity of it all would have made everyone friends again.

i watched that converge video, there was headwalking going on at that gig, the bassist seems to just randomly hit the group of people who are fighting with his bass - he could have quite easily killed some1.
NOT COOL - If another had done the same thing people would be disgusted (dillenger escape plan maybe?)

I know I was disgusted at Dillenger after I had a shard of glass embed itself below my eye and saw the barmaid get spat on. I robbed some CDs off their stall and felt much better.

weeler said:
i watched that converge video, there was headwalking going on at that gig, the bassist seems to just randomly hit the group of people who are fighting with his bass - he could have quite easily killed some1.
NOT COOL - If another had done the same thing people would be disgusted (dillenger escape plan maybe?)
My point exactly. Imagine the fuckin uproar there would be if another band (Right 4 Life/Knuckledust eh?) had video footage of a band member smacking a bass on someone's head. You'd be stumbling over yourselves to be the first to discredit and call for a boycott of such bands. Plenty of scene-points to be earned talking shit about bands that aren't cool.

Justin Timberlake has made quite a name for himself, what with his womanising, etcetera; yet this will not stop me being a dedicated fan of the only white Michael Jackson in the world.

and yet everyone bitches at me when i put his album on a parties? Im only going to play the hits ppl - the rest of it is shit!

he'd never hit anyone with a bass.

gentlemen goodnight, ladies good morning

scrawlzine said:
Conor...regarding Shelter, I would not have played if asked because I think they suck musically, pure and simple. I have also a beef against anybody who built their band on such a fucked theology as Krishna, and then dropped it as soon as it wasn't cool.

Trues has been confronted personally by me about his remarks and he WAS pissed last night and had to face facts that what he said wasn't true. He says he is going to post something in clarification. I was genuinely surprised by his remarks as he does know me better. All decisions regarding gigs played are made as a band, not by one person.

Hope this clarifies things for those who should know me better.

Whoops. Didn't get a chance to reply earlier - Sorry about that Glyn! It was all a misunderstanding over a deleted email. I wasn't even that pissed when I posted (well, no more than usual at midnight on a Friday) - I was just being cheeky; the handbag should have given the lark away...

I would have played with Shelter Conor - they didn't do much for me musically, but it was an 'fun' gig.

Right, I'm off to Simply Red. Crew work, y'know. I'll make money out of this music industry somehow, dammit.

I love it when people overreact. Poor Glyn. First Lyncher riding Leslie, now this.
Tell Mick Hucknall to give us a shot of his new bird when he's finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back