Cocteau Twins Mix (1 Viewer)

Jim Daniels

Burls Forever
Supporter
Since 2000
Website
twitter.com
Making one for my friend. Haven't put much of the very early stuff on, as I don't think it'd be her style. Just chose my favourite songs. The rest are a bit of a blur

Am I missing anything obvious?

1. Donimo
2. Lorelei
3. Love’s Easy Tears
4. Pearly-Dewdrops’ Drops
5. Athol Brose
6. Carolyn’s Fingers
7. Orange Appled
8. Those Eyes That Mouth
9. Aikea Guinea
10. Ella Megablast Burls Forever
11. For Phoebe Still a Baby
12. Iceblink Luck
13. Sigh’s Smell of Farewell
14. Song to the Siren (TMC)
15. Another Day (TMC)
16. Fotzepolitic
17. A Kissed Out Red Floatboat
18. Frou Frou Foxes in Midsummer Fires

Have you got this one

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Dammit! Theres another one. Have it on the Lullabies comp. It might be a bit dark though. I'm tending to go for their feel good stuff.

I can feel option paralysis coming on. The tendancy, when given unlimited choices, to make none (cc Douglas Coupland). This cd may not ever be made...

Quote: Prefuse
Have you got this one

great choices Jim!! :)

Thanks Sweetoblivion :)

They are my favourites. I recently played Those Eyes That Mouth about 10 times in a row

Ah maan, I was sure that was on there! Its pretty lovely alright. Good call CinnamonBoy

Originally Posted by CinnamonBoy
Cherry-Coloured Funk is my favourite song of all time so I'd have to push for its inclusion.

ahh, i LOVE that song as well. my fave on that album. has to be on yer cd jim

Blue bell knoll is a great track and album , Ive given a few people all of vicorialand and blue bell knoll a few times.

Such a cool band.

Also like that song they did with dead can dance cthink it was called Alice.

Good old 4ad!!!!!!!!!1

Blue bell knoll is a great track and album , Ive given a few people all of vicorialand and blue bell knoll a few times.

Such a cool band.

Also like that song they did with dead can dance cthink it was called Alice.

Good old 4ad!!!!!!!!!1

Yeah, it used to be the coolest label ever. Those This Mortal Coil albums, the packaging, everything...
Blue Bell Knoll was my intro to the CTs. Couldn't quite believe Carolyn's Fingers...

Carolyn's Fingers is utterly amazing...all those high notes give me the shivers!

Glad you like 'All Flowers In Time...' - I only stumbled across it last year myself, which was funny because I got into Jeff and the Cocteaus together when I was a teen - I would've peed myself back then if I'd found that track.

No "Oomingmak"?

also, I rescently watched again the wonderful "Mysterious Skin" film. The score by Robin Guthrie and Harold Budd is super.

Trailer here

Carolyn's Fingers is utterly amazing...all those high notes give me the shivers!

Glad you like 'All Flowers In Time...' - I only stumbled across it last year myself, which was funny because I got into Jeff and the Cocteaus together when I was a teen - I would've peed myself back then if I'd found that track.

Ha! I know what you mean. I still obviously adore music, but those teen years when I was just discovering it, were unbelievable times. That feeling of hearing something amazing for the first time! And all those things like collaborations between fave singers/ rarities/ covers etc meant everything! Even reading about such releases in Melody Maker meant so much. Ah those were the days!

It all still matters but not quite as much.

Ha! I know what you mean. I still obviously adore music, but those teen years when I was just discovering it, were unbelievable times. That feeling of hearing something amazing for the first time! And all those things like collaborations between fave singers/ rarities/ covers etc meant everything! Even reading about such releases in Melody Maker meant so much. Ah those were the days!

It all still matters but not quite as much.

:) So true on both counts. I think the internet's to blame in a way - it's fantastic that we have so much access to everything, but even as little as ten years ago you had to really find music, y'know? Every little discovery meant something - whether it was through a magazine, or a friend's mix tape, or seeing it on TV....
These days you can just type a band's name and the word 'rapidshare' into google and you have their back catalogue in a few minutes. It's nowhere near the same.

Remember you used to get free tapes with Vox and Select and Melody Maker? I fell in love with so many bands through them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back