Cocteau Twins Mix (1 Viewer)

No "Oomingmak"?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yeah, I know. Its very nice. Trouble is, I don't have a remastered version of Victorialand, so the volume is much lower. Wreaks havoc with the continuity! :)

Remember you used to get free tapes with Vox and Select and Melody Maker? I fell in love with so many bands through them.

i used to love select, espec the posters. i remember they had an issue with all manics posters one time. bought 2 copies so i could put them all on my bedroom wall. set me back around a tenner, which seemed like a huge amount of money at the time. free tapes... ARGH!

I remember their was a weekly/fortnightly magazine like vox or select and I had the posters from it covering my locker and folders when I was in 2nd year..Good times.

Nice mix but so many of my faves are missing..
She will destroy you
The spangle maker
Pepper tree
Hazel (Peel session version)
Alas dies laughing
Great spangled fritillary
Blind dumb deaf

the list goes on...
Double CD at least :)

Nice mix but so many of my faves are missing..
She will destroy you
The spangle maker
Pepper tree
Hazel (Peel session version)
Alas dies laughing
Great spangled fritillary
Blind dumb deaf

the list goes on...
Double CD at least :)

Trouble with a double disc is that a new listener might lose interest. Too much information!

I might take the Kill Bill approch. Disc A to be followed by Disc B a few months later...

i love the consensus on "those eyes that mouth". its just amazing.

thats a pretty good list you have there. maybe throw in "feathers oar blades" and "eyes are mosaics". youve no later stuff than heaven or las vegas. what about "seekers and their lovers?"

this thread is cocteaus fan boy gold.

also any excuse to throw this one up there. most amazing song ever.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZU3PR7lqGw"]YouTube - Felt - Primitive Painters[/ame]

Fantastic thread. I've listened to a lot of the Cocteau Twins, but I'm drawing a complete blank when it comes to song suggestions. The song Heaven Or Las Vegas itself is quite good. I like Tish Bite and Evangeline, but a lot of their latter stuff is meh. Ella Megalast Burls Forever is a great song alright. Treasue is a really nice album. Jesus, I must dig them out. I don't know Victoria Land. All the songs on Love's Easy Tears are good - Orange Appled is on that I think - very enjoyable if my memory serves me correctly.

Trouble is, I don't have a remastered version of Victorialand, so the volume is much lower. Wreaks havoc with the continuity! :)

No Cocteau Twins thread would be complete without my caveat

Their remasters are the worst sounding CDs of all time.

The original CDs or the vinyl = best way to listen to them

I did a one disc of favourites some years ago. Must try and find the tracklisting. It did include at least three tracks from Milk And Kisses, one of my favourite albums of theirs.

I hardly ever listen to them now. In my younger days their records got caned. Every LP a treasure, every EP/12" a stunning micro palate of bliss.

quote]

I get the impression that you are not a big fan of remasters in general :)

I know what you mean though. The vinyl Blue Bell Knoll sounds great. For compilation purposes though (especially on my Zen), I prefer remasters just because the sound is louder and more consistent with the other tracks.

I must check out Milk and Kisses - never bought that one. A friend of my sisters brought his entire Cocteau's vinyl collection to our house in about 1989/90. I never saw anything so beautiful!

How bout some daneille dax

http://www.myspace.com/danielledax

(check out inky bloaters)

Jesus Egg that Wept and Pop-Eyes are the only solo stuff by DD I'd rate highly; when she went for the pop prize it all went a bit meh! Some of the Lemon Kittens material is brilliant...

Here come the harvest buns, a bellyful for everyone, clipped in rows they're dominoes they're sick as a pig when morning comes - round bum-bum - flesh gun-gun

quote]

I get the impression that you are not a big fan of remasters in general :)

I know what you mean though. The vinyl Blue Bell Knoll sounds great. For compilation purposes though (especially on my Zen), I prefer remasters just because the sound is louder and more consistent with the other tracks.

I must check out Milk and Kisses - never bought that one. A friend of my sisters brought his entire Cocteau's vinyl collection to our house in about 1989/90. I never saw anything so beautiful!
Milk & Kisses is ok, it's not one of their best...it's been a while since I listened to it though.
God, imagine having the whole collection on original vinyl...I think the only place i've seen their albums on vinyl is in America, I bought 'Treasure' there. I had the 'Aikea Guinea' EP but I gave it as a present to a friend.

Thanks for the caveat nigglybits ;)

From Holy Moly (celeb gossip newsletter):

The reason the Cocteau Twins' comeback last year didn't happen is because even though Robin Guthrie and Liz Fraser had put their differences to the side (clue - £££££) Liz insisted that her partner be the drummer on the tour. Fine.
All was going well until Robin got pissed, looked through the tour expenses and saw that Liz's partner was getting paid a bit more than the other hired hands. He went batshit mental, rang up Liz and told her that this was outrageous and that he shouldn't even be getting paid AT ALL as Liz was making money and so her partner "didn't need to be paid".
Liz basically said (in indecipherable made-up language no doubt) she couldn't take this and if Robin was kicking off even before the tour started, it could only get worse. So she walked and that was it - reunion over. She apparently walked away from "millions".

It doesn't mention the fact that Liz and Robin were an item back in the day, which complicates things somewhat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back