Champions League 2012-2013 thread (3 Viewers)

Fairly telling day in the premier league today. A lot's been made of the fact that there are no English sides in the last 8 of the CL but when you look at the teams vying for a place this year you can really see why. I mean you could say that City were inexperienced this year and in a tough group and United were unlucky but of the rest Arsenal, Chelski Spurs and Everton ? No way would any of those sides stand a chance against Bayern, Real, Dortmund or Barca fair enough but you'd hardly even give them much chance against Galatassaray, Malaga, Juve or PSG.

Everton vs Spurs was a perfect example of what the PL is. Competative, cobative, high tempo, pretty exciting no doubt but technically no where near the standards in the rest of Europes top leagues. Today we were missing Pienaar and Fellani they were missing Lennon Defoe and Bale and that's really the PL in a nutshell the top 6/7 are all fairly evenly matched there are a few exceptional individuals but that's not really enough in europe.

There was a United fan on 606 saying that apart from Vidic none of their current side would make it into a Fergie best XI. It's a fair point and they're running away with the PL.

Next season there'll have sides like Atletico Madrid, Real Betis or Real Sociedad and Napoli and from what I've seen of them they're way ahead of Everton, Spurs and Chelski and who knows what you'll get from Arsenal or City ?

They better get their cheque books out to destroy those Italian and Spanish sides before they take another couple of hammerings

There was a United fan on 606 saying that apart from Vidic none of their current side would make it into a Fergie best XI. It's a fair point and they're running away with the PL.

Van Persie is the best centre forward Fergie has ever had and I think it's unfair to discount old Rio and old Giggs because there was a point in their careers when they certainly would be in a Fergie best XI. I think Stam is better than Vidic too.

Actually ...

Schmeichal
Irwin
Ferdinand
Stam
Evra
Ronaldo
Keane
Scholes
Giggs
Cantona
RVP

There ya go.

Van Persie is the best centre forward Fergie has ever had and I think it's unfair to discount old Rio and old Giggs because there was a point in their careers when they certainly would be in a Fergie best XI. I think Stam is better than Vidic too.

Actually ...

Schmeichal
Irwin
Ferdinand
Stam
Evra
Ronaldo
Keane
Scholes
Giggs
Cantona
RVP

There ya go.

You're judging RVP on his Arsenal performances, personally I think he peaked at Arse and won't score anywhere near the 20 mark for United over the next few seasons. Van Nislterooy has to be above him purely on United performances.

Ferdinand wouldn't make my XI, but you might have a point about Giggs and Evra tough, anyway it wasn't my theory it was a United fan, which lets face it mean he knows fuck all about football to begin with.

Fairly telling day in the premier league today. A lot's been made of the fact that there are no English sides in the last 8 of the CL but when you look at the teams vying for a place this year you can really see why. I mean you could say that City were inexperienced this year and in a tough group and United were unlucky but of the rest Arsenal, Chelski Spurs and Everton ? No way would any of those sides stand a chance against Bayern, Real, Dortmund or Barca fair enough but you'd hardly even give them much chance against Galatassaray, Malaga, Juve or PSG.

Everton vs Spurs was a perfect example of what the PL is. Competative, cobative, high tempo, pretty exciting no doubt but technically no where near the standards in the rest of Europes top leagues. Today we were missing Pienaar and Fellani they were missing Lennon Defoe and Bale and that's really the PL in a nutshell the top 6/7 are all fairly evenly matched there are a few exceptional individuals but that's not really enough in europe.

Next season there'll have sides like Atletico Madrid, Real Betis or Real Sociedad and Napoli and from what I've seen of them they're way ahead of Everton, Spurs and Chelski and who knows what you'll get from Arsenal or City ?

They better get their cheque books out to destroy those Italian and Spanish sides before they take another couple of hammerings

Here's a bizarre comparrison which goes along with my premier league being completely over rated theory, as if more is evidence needed

in 11 years David Moyes has spent around £80 million

in 5 years Jurgen Klopp has spent £41 miliion

It's insane when you think about it really. Moyes is quite rightly considered one of the best and by far the thriftiest managers in England and it's always said that it's only the shoestring budget that holds him back, but on paper that's similar spending, on the pitch they'd annihilate us.

Great goal for Dortmund just now, think they should be more than good enough to get the second they need now. Terrible defending on the one they went behind on
They've been poor at the back tonight. The free header on half time was ridiculous.

What a goal was it 5 passes and 8 touches from their own half to the goal ? amazing football. They should win his but stranger things have happened. It's a real shame that Malaga are about to dissintegrate. I'd pay a fortune for Isco.

I see the facists had the tie sewn up after 7 minutes in Turkey.

Great finish to be fair.

Streaming this on Fox USA. They refer to away goals as "road goals" It confused the fuck out of me.

The adverts they show in the states are fucking amazing. Gripco phone holder has me hypotised right now.

They've been poor at the back tonight. The free header on half time was ridiculous.

The lad playing alongside Subotic, he looks really awkward whenever he has to attack the ball and uncomfortable when he has to pass it, Hummels seems designed perfectly for this team by comparrison.

I really like this Dortmund side but I'm delighted for Malaga tonight, game plan over the 2 legs has worked out perfectly. They're such a team of should have beens from 5-9 years ago, they'll be signing Queresma soon.

Offside goal was going in, if Eliseeu had been flagged ...

My stream went shite at the end so It was like watching still images at times, amazing stuff though. Stoke style attacks, Dodgy goals left right and centre dramatic as fuck. The best teams are through that's what's most important.

rising-tifo_zpsd4166064.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back