Butthole Surfers (1 Viewer)

What's your favourite?

• Total voters
Tie between the first EP and Locust Abortion Technician. Went with the latter.

'Psychic... Powerless... Another Man's Sac ' may be my favourite album title ever, though. I'm also fond of 'Cream Corn from the Socket of Davis'.

Double Live is actually my favourite, of which I am a proud owner of the vinyl version.
It's one of the few live albums I think ranks as a quality release, and the only one where it's the best thing the band put out. But the Buttholes were a live band first and foremost. Who here has seen them actually? Saw them in 94 (godlike) and 2001 (weird revolution tour and pretty tawdry)

locust abortion technician and hairway to steven are both great but i think pioughd was my favourite. i haven't heard it in years though and was trying to get it recently. i only have a crappy copy of it on tape somewhere. i didn't hear anything after independant worm saloon.

'96 or '97 in LA with Horton Heat, Supersuckers an Toadies. Was a funny gig. Was to support Electriclarryland. The local station had the 'Buttholes on regular circulation, probably for the first time ever. Pepper was the flavour or the month. Half the crowd in a 8000 cap. venue were 13 year olds with their parents. Buttholes come on. Play a few songs from Larryland. Then they play Pepper. The kids are giving it loads and throwing shapes. Then into "ten foot tall and the nurse stuck a needle in my arm...", strobes start up, vivisections of frogs on the video. Mass exodus. Was packed when it all started it was full. By the time 'I Saw an X-Ray of a Girl Passing Gas' was done, there were about 2500 there. Was an all Texas night. Great night.

bump.

Best band ever.
Hardly ever listen to the Jackofficers, but it's one of the few irreplaceable albums I own.
That, and Cheetos by Daddly Longhead.

Still can't bring myself to listen to a band called the Butthole Surfers.

Still can't bring myself to listen to a band called the Butthole Surfers.

i thought that too but they do have their moments.the afore-mentioned 'my brothers wife'
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

There used to be a huge Butthole Surfers scrawled on a wall somewhere near the main road in Donnybrook or Blackrock. It always made me laugh if we were driving by.
YES
i just searched thumped to see if anyone had ever mentioned this - in my memory it was somewhere along the sea-front in sandymount somewhere but could have been blackrock either (which petrol station @shower another shower?) - ?green paint with a bumhole for the 'O'

we were too young to know it was a band at the time but we knew it was funny. it was never mentioned while driving past, however...wonder what my parents made of it

YES
i just searched thumped to see if anyone had ever mentioned this - in my memory it was somewhere along the sea-front in sandymount somewhere but could have been blackrock either (which petrol station @shower another shower?) - ?green paint with a bumhole for the 'O'

we were too young to know it was a band at the time but we knew it was funny. it was never mentioned while driving past, however...wonder what my parents made of it
yea, along there Nools. Last time I saw it was at least 20 years ago. Think it was between Sandymount ant the Eastlink Bridge.

do any of you have or know where to find recordings of gibby haynes on the radio? (101x)

i've done a reasonable amount of internet trawling and found a lot of dead links

do any of you have or know where to find recordings of gibby haynes on the radio? (101x)

i've done a reasonable amount of internet trawling and found a lot of dead links
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back