blah blah..Amebix..blah blah..reunion..blah.. (5 Viewers)

and are ya gonna glue the ring pulls on the can and then offer them to amebix so their hands get stuck to the cans?
now that's punk

Thats a fantastic idea! I was going to drink them, but thats much better than a boycott, I think I can sacrifice a tube of super-glue from an airfix model I have, this'll really fuck them up

How about supergluing THE RULES to their fingers?
RULE NUMBER ONE = CHARGE NO MORE THAN €5 BEFORE 9, €7 AFTER
No old punks will fuck with the new punks ever again!

No, but at the same time didn't expect them to try and milk as much cash as they could because of who they were in the 80s i.e. Thrash Metal Gods with a determined sort of message. To me going through the major circuit is a contradiction to whom they were in the 80s.

In this way they baiscally have become an expensive cover band of themselves.

Fukk me!! He's right!! Metallica have sold out!! :mad:

I said...
hemorrhoidal%20prolapse.jpg

having a big enough guarantee makes sense if you know you can pull tons of people to a gig..... nobody wants the greedy bastard jills and damos and cormacs of this world to be nicking money thats rightfully yours.
anyway,its fucking amebix.

i'm blaming anarchobob for them pulling out of roadburn,you little cunt.

absolutely.and the ryanair flight to london.michael o' leary's a cunt but he's not into punk so its ok to give him your money.

Now now. No need to be nasty. I was a massive amebix fan back n'day.
I remember seeing them in Birmingham years ago for a 1 pound!!
20 euro - far too much!

Now now. No need to be nasty. I was a massive amebix fan back n'day.
I remember seeing them in Birmingham years ago for a 1 pound!!
20 euro - far too much!

I'm getting the unions onto you when you recognise them! And do you have to serve me my vodka in little bags? Amebix woul'nt put up with that now they're international megastars!

This is their statement in retort to various posts on PE forum - from the baron

"I hope this is a concise answer to several threads.

I really didn’t want to get involved in this discussion, thinking it might blow itself out over time, but its hard to stand by and watch people pissing on you from a great height without knowing what the hell they are talking about.
Let me put a few things straight for you,
Roy Mayorga is a fully paid up member of Amebix, we stand together as one Band. Roy has got involved for the Love of the Music, travelled over to the UK for nothing at all apart from to give his time and awesome talents to bring this time about for us all, WE had no intention whatsoever of putting this Band back together, for a variety of reasons, but one of them was that we had never been a really tight Band before, we would go on stage in any state and play away, in crappy venues, Free Festivals, fields in the middle of Nowhere playing to three men and a dog on a string. We paid to play at almost every gig we ever did, the only exception I can remember was playing at the Mermaid and getting £200,cash,which was amazing. For the rest of it we just clubbed together for petrol and a van, and if we were lucky we might get that money back, Pete the Roadie or Captain WeirdBeard would come along and work for nothing, maybe a tenner if we got anything back. Good times, and also hard times, staying in that place really drained us out eventually, you can only give your time and passion so much without any return and then it starts to wear you out.
I phoned up Roy whilst we were putting together this DVD project and asked him if he might possibly consider coming over, as I had heard that he was a big Amebix fan since his days in Nausea etc, he didnt even hesitate,’in a heartbeat brother’ is what he said. Can anyone here see any Financial reason why Roy would say that? Is it some kind of astute Financial move to involve yourself with a Band renowned for never making a fucking penny from anything they have done?, have a think about that before you put your foot in your mouth..please.
Don’t try and push a knife into the Side of us here, thinking its fair game to chip away at the chinks in the armour, we are all together in this, and then furthermore starting on Roy Wallace, another great man who has pushed all his time and money into this project for no discernable reward, he is at least 10k down so far, it will all come back eventually, but not just yet.
We have been really lucky to find these people in our lives, people that are still manifesting the original Punk spirit, enthusiasm and good energy for what they do, as well as an attention to detail and integrity that you don’t find much anymore.
I know that £3000 guarantee is a lot to ask, yes, we get that, thanks for repeating it twenty times, but what this seems to hang on is that particular venues who assume that they are where we should be playing simply cannot afford the guarantee that we are asking ,that should really be the end of the story ,tough titties, anyone else want to put on a show and feel confident that they can pull a crowd and also charge a reasonable door price? I m sure that we will play in the UK, we would love to, but it will take a bit more planning out to make it happen so that it works for everyone.
From this side of the Atlantic I am actually cringing a bit for my fellow Countrymen/women, here we get a ton of positive feedback, people are really supportive and behind this Tour. I was concerned about asking for what appeared to be a fairly high guarantee for these shows ($3000=£2150 as of todays index),I wish I had been a bit more bold, they are all sold out, the Venue promoters are rubbing their mitts together, happy day! But what we had in mind was doing a Tour where we would cover our costs for the time we are away from work, I actually need to bring in quite a bit of money to cover my absence from Work, and for Stig ,who has nothing at all this is a great opportunity to get back on his feet again and get something going for himself ,a fresh start for someone who deserves it.
The other thing we want was to go out and play a really well set up show, good lights PA, backing and crew, we didn’t have all of that back then which is a shame.
When I open my Big Book of Punk Rock I don’t seem to find anywhere that mentions having to be down and stay down, that there is something constructive about poverty and disillusion, that there is some pseudo -Spiritual merit in being Poor.
The UK/European numbers were generated with a mind to all this, we costed it all up and decided that we wanted to come back with X amount in our pockets, and this is how it would add up .It is just unfortunate that we cant make it work this time, but once we get a strategy worked out then we will, we will also make sure that you get our very best, great sound, lights and music, just like we always wanted to play but never got back in the day, we will Bring It, as they say here, but in order to do that we also need to work things out. Fair door prices and a great show, what else do you want?
Its easy for me to get really angry with people about this, but in truth I understand what you are saying ,and we will try and make it work out, so just leave it out, and stop making cunts of yourselves in Public, its embarrassing for all of us, as someone once said to me, when you assume you make and Ass out of You and Me.
We are all time served ,justified and Ancient (joke) so stop sniping at us as soon as we are out of the door OK.
The last time we had an Amebix shitstorm someone astutely said that we should not have given a toss about it, and that’s pretty true, if it didn’t effect anyone but myself I would just tell you to Fuck right Off and be done with it.
You Don’t OWN us, or have any right whatsoever to tell us how we should conduct our lives, what aspirations and goals we should have, was anybody actually listening?
‘We swear allegiance to none’
Or in a more Biblical sense;
‘by their works shall ye know them’
OK, we have to get out and play now, so I am not going to get involved in this discussion any further, that’s my two penurth, like it or lump it."
B.R.V.A

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back