blah blah..Amebix..blah blah..reunion..blah.. (2 Viewers)

I like the way theres LOADS of people would have gone to see Amebix for like £20 a ticket and not said a word, but the same people are the ones likely to complain about paying £5 into a DIY gig.

I would never pay £20 to see Amebix, they don't mean that much to me. On the other hand I think most DIY gigs are way too cheap. Where's the middle ground Cormac?!

theres an interestign statement form them on profane existence - gig wise they are saying their guarantee in us was too little as promoters are rubbing their mitts as gigs are taking huge money on the door and promoters are making it not the band

also that euro diy circuit promoters are saying they cant meet guarantees so they are going to look to other promoters who can for europe

they could play yet

really hope they do tbh .would be fukin great to see them .20 poxy euro ? who gives a toss , they never made a bean when they were toghther first time round .

theres an interestign statement form them on profane existence - gig wise they are saying their guarantee in us was too little as promoters are rubbing their mitts as gigs are taking huge money on the door and promoters are making it not the band

also that euro diy circuit promoters are saying they cant meet guarantees so they are going to look to other promoters who can for europe

they could play yet

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Selling_out

To be fair, if they go for a major promotion company they can fuck off and won't have my money despite how much I love Amebix.

It's nice to see an old band reforming for cash getting told to fuck off by everyone because they're taking the piss with money.

Not at all, I'd love to see them playing... anyway, did you just get your information about this "reforming for cash" business from this thread? Wise the bap, or something

No, but at the same time didn't expect them to try and milk as much cash as they could because of who they were in the 80s i.e. a DIY band with a determined sort of message. To me going through the major circuit is a contradiction to whom they were in the 80s.

In this way they baiscally have become an expensive cover band of themselves.

Lads, just got confirmation. They'll do a gig in Limerick in my garden for 2 crates of beer and a shower. Took all my haggling skills to get em down to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back