Animal Collective (1 Viewer)

worthit

I have Strawberry Jam, Sung Tongs and Feels.

Can anyone suggest an older one worth listening to?

yeah that people ep is kinda pointless the prospect hummer ep is really good though and the artwork on the cd case looks fantastic
definitely check out spirit they've gone
I haven't really listened to strawberry jam yet how does it compare to the others?

yeah that people ep is kinda pointless the prospect hummer ep is really good though and the artwork on the cd case looks fantastic
definitely check out spirit they've gone
I haven't really listened to strawberry jam yet how does it compare to the others?

Spirit They've Gone... and Danse Manatee come in a two-cd set. The former is pretty fucking cool, its mainly Avey Tare doing all the songs with Panda Bear just on drums and the latter has way more weird electronic stuff going on. Both of them have really intense high pitch drones throughout. I don't really like Danse Manatee all that much but it has its moments.

I'd recommend Prospect Hummer EP with Vashti Bunyan certainly and if you can find them there are some great new bootlegs of the post-Strawberry Jam era stuff where they go further into the sampling-electronic side of things and away from guitars and drums.

Strawberry Jam in comparison with Sung Tongs and Feels is very very different. Much more sharp and bright and electronic with the vocals way up front. Its kind of the "straightforward" song side of them rather than the jamming-instrumental side of them (to simplify it far too much). It has Fireworks on it which fucking sensational. If you like it you should try to check out Person Pitch by Panda Bear on his own. Fucking great record.

"Here comes the Indian" and "Hollandagain" for the wilder more surprising earlier style. .

campfire songs isn't bad either haven't listened to it in ages though- as far as I can remember it was recorded with just the two main lads playing acoustic guitars and singing on a porch - half way through you can hear that it starts raining which is funny

campfire songs isn't bad either haven't listened to it in ages though- as far as I can remember it was recorded with just the two main lads playing acoustic guitars and singing on a porch - half way through you can hear that it starts raining which is funny

Think it was 3 and they put on some more field recordings later.

ha. i misread this as "I hate... " so excuse the tone of my earlier reply

I actually thought you were telling me to listen to someone else other than VB7000 for advice on what to listen to.

Animal Collective Bewail 'Water Curses'
2008-02-29 11:02:14.600,
Story by: Joshua Pressman

The NYC-by-way-of-Maryland Animal Collective has unearthed a succinct trove of leftovers from the band's Strawberry Jam (Domino) sessions. The Water Curses EP, which boasts three tracks from the aforementioned January 2007 recordings, is due out May 6 via Domino. In addition to these songs, however, the foreboding and rather ominously titled EP finds the exploratory indie rockers digging deep into their pockets for the newfangled gem "Seal Eyeing"—recorded at Rare Book Room Studio in Brooklyn under production mastermind Nicolas Vernhes.

Tracklist For Water Curses:
01. Water Curses
02. Street Flash
03. Cobwebs
04. Seal Eyeing

New EP coming out in a few months.... anyone know where the Collected Animals messageboard has disappeared to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back