Iceland (1 Viewer)

* shoulder that should have said.

Yeah I would definitely do it again if I come upon it elsewhere. You ever done it anywhere else? Nepal or the Americas have good options I'm told.

Heading back to this old place tomorrow for ATP Iceland and week's holidays after. Anyone got any further tips or travel stories to relate? Going to do white water rafting this time.

Bit late, but for prosperity, I think heading back into Reykjavik after ATP is better fun than staying on site. If you're road tripping, thermal pool book - Skrudda - is worthwhile. I got nibbled by an arctic fox cub, thanks, book! We hiked some of the Laugavegur trail after the festival and it was great.

I spend a while looking at Grindavik which i'm sure translates to grinding bay there recently - the houses that are getting destroyed by the hot rocks, a lot of them are really new, with bits of construction still happening and all that. It seems to be a little bay town that just sorta mushroomed in the past few years with loads of new buildings, and it could be gone in a few weeks. It's mad stuff. I assume they have some kind of 'we live on a volcano' insurance for people over there?

I spend a while looking at Grindavik which i'm sure translates to grinding bay there recently - the houses that are getting destroyed by the hot rocks, a lot of them are really new, with bits of construction still happening and all that. It seems to be a little bay town that just sorta mushroomed in the past few years with loads of new buildings, and it could be gone in a few weeks. It's mad stuff. I assume they have some kind of 'we live on a volcano' insurance for people over there?
not to mention Kraken Insurance, presumably that's a given in all Icelandic coverage policies

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back