What was the first gig you ever went to?? (1 Viewer)

anyone see nirvana as their first gig???? anyone see them at all....? anyone friends with courtney love when she lived here? :)

I saw Mama's Boys I think twice in the Ulster Hall and then once in one of the halls in queens.

i didnt know too much of their stuff at the time and I went with metal heads who liked them...was good fun...the Professor was a good guitarist..

They would've been my first big gig if Kurt hadn't have topped himself...

Anyone wanna by a ticket for the rds gig?

anyone see nirvana as their first gig???? anyone see them at all....? anyone friends with courtney love when she lived here? :)

nirvanacobainredposter.jpg

That jumper used to belong to Chris Black of Runnin Riot and Jobby Crust. Think he swapped it with Courtney outside the Belfast gig the time Kurt was in hospital there.

nirvanacobainredposter.jpg

That jumper used to belong to Chris Black of Runnin Riot and Jobby Crust. Think he swapped it with Courtney outside the Belfast gig the time Kurt was in hospital there.

this is irish punk lore now, isn't it? there was a thread about this a while back.

he was interviewed for some tv program about it as well. i didn't see it but i can imagine.

"that was your jumper?"
"yes"
"really?"
"yes"
"no, really?"
"yes"

His first gig at 14 was Dillinger Escape Plan :p (the recording of which I still cant find, to whoever I said I would give it to)

Those guys in Dolans, 2001 were one of my first ones as well.. How I got in (not even 15) I have no idea. I hid for most of it as I was terrified of being thrown out. Now I think about it, it may have been before Ozzfest.. I can't even remember.

First (and only actually) concert: smashing pumpkins at sfx when i was about 13 (w/ Whipping Boy)...so about 1993.

First DIY/ punk gig: Brawl in Carlow, co-organised by Conor, follow a fortnight later by Ex-Cathedra, also by Conor: summer of 1995?
Hooked after that - so Conor its all your fault, I could be raking it in as a lawyer or accountant or something by now. And have a functioning liver.

First gig in Dublin: a Hope Xmas Benefit in the Attic. 1995/6? went with Doyler. Can't remember the bands...Jackbeast and Cheapskate maybe..some Reggea band Yawn also...there were four altogether...Niall, Stevo, Byrnoes, any help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back