Ungdomshuset Evicted (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter W.
  • Start date
  • Replies 359
  • Views 42K
  • Watchers 15
"Maybe people could think about putting back the demo til saturday, as the 10th is a big demo here in copenhagen and they want it as an International Day of Solidarity."

"I think a properly organised larger demo should be called for sometime next week demanding the release of all the prisoners. I think someone from the wsm will be suggesting it on friday."

ok, I'll say these things to the group..

aljazeera.net said:
1_215130_1_5.jpg

Students, environmentalists and leftist Brazilians have taken to the streets to protest Bush's visit [AFP]

i love the way there's a janitor beating protesters with a truncheon and he's not even mentioned in the caption.

So... like, is this the rioting and general pandemonium thread now?

Have a look at the oustanding form of this rioter...

aviano.jpg

Phenomenal stuff. Probably spent years in the nets training. Dedication there.
950e9740.jpg

Curtly himself would approve.

He looks like somethign from the poster for pirates of the caribean two!

this is exactly the type of lifestylist fashion that is holding back anarchism in this country and should be ridiculed on irish radical messageboards as such except of course when trying to get lifestylists off eirecore to support wsm events when no mention of our dislike for anything we consider lifestylist should be made.

this is exactly the type of lifestylist fashion that is holding back anarchism in this country and should be ridiculed on irish radical messageboards as such except of course when trying to get lifestylists off eirecore to support wsm events when no mention of our dislike for anything we consider lifestylist should be made.

What are you shiting on about. WSM aren't trying to get anyone here to support our events, people are more than welcome to attend. Some wsm members have connections with ungdomshuset so we support their demo, that's all.

It should be pretty obvious as to what the differences between lifestylists and class struggle anarchists are, if you want I can post them in every thread though - just to make sure the two can never work together.

When exactly did you develop this chip on your shoulder about people joining the wsm?

why aren't you ridiculing then, if that is what should be done..
anyway, it's not exactly an irish radical messageboard, just some people who post here are interested in this sort of thing...

donal tis on other" radical" messageboards that punks etc are riduculed for being lifestylists by people who then come on here trying to generate interest in their activites. i was being ironic. i think its hypocricsy in action.

Damn that was quick.
It has to be said : Scandinavians == efficiency.
Efficient clearing of the house. Efficient rioting. Efficient demo-ing.

donal tis on other" radical" messageboards that punks etc are riduculed for being lifestylists by people who then come on here trying to generate interest in their activites. i was being ironic. i think its hypocricsy in action.

Oh, you mean like this -
http://libcom.org/forums/libcommunity/quick-question-important

I'm pretty sure I posted my "your politics are bourgeois as fuck" essay here too, which lays my take on it on the line. It's not the lifestyle we're against but the myth that it is in itself revolutionary. We're more than willing to organise alongside people with different politics to us though, like Eirigi or ISN for example.

WSM members have lived in copenhagen and we've even helped to start a more specific anarchist group there, people from copenhagen have attended WSM meetings too. It's not hypocrisy, it's solidarity - putting aside differences while 600 people are in prison.

hadnt read that actually, your views have changed so much, didnt realise you were against riots which didnt have "mass community support" now - no more masked up basta marches then, time moves on for people i suppose, next thing you'll be back on the meat!

Flashback,
Needleinthehay does make one valid point that you are ignoring - You say you believe the squatters have more right to be there than the group that bought the building. Why? What rights have thay above the actual owner of the building - (regardless of who the owner is)? They were there long enough that they could have regularised their position - why didn't they? If the building was such a resourse why not do the sensible thing and secure it's future rather than whinge now when the real world catches up?

I dont know if anyone else already answered this, but it is so provoking that i have to. The house in question was given to the squatters as a present in 1982. In 2001 the citycounsel decided to sell it. They sold a present they had already given to someone else! SO WE HAD A FUCKING RIGHT! I dont know bout you guys, but my basic childhood-teaching taught me that taking a present back was A BAD THING.
And anyway, fuck the right of ownership - we were given the house, used it and loved it. It was my center for 10 years, I still cry when I think about it and havent been able to go near the empthy spot where it was just a few days ago. It was my life, and a lot of other peoples. It was our space, an open space with room for all those people and things that doesnt fit in normal society, and gets killed in the tight and controlling space that property rights leave us for creativity, spontanity and alternatives.

yeah because that's just full of impartial detailed information like
the agreement from 1982 stating that the right of usage belongs to the activists

The irony here is the reason I was asking questions was to try to establish if people were rioting "...about things they choose not to look into" themselves first. You know - trying to establish the actual facts of the situation. You going off on one about having "a fucking right" because someone took back "a present" doesn't really help.

Frankly, I'm surprised Ungdomshuset's legal team didn't use the well established "Liar liar, pants on fire" defence.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back