The Ice Bucket thread (1 Viewer)

so if those incongruously high salaries are standard that means it's ok? isn't that a criticism of 'charity' organisations that comes up repeatedly?

so if those incongruously high salaries are standard that means it's ok? isn't that a criticism of 'charity' organisations that comes up repeatedly?
If it was an article about the incongruously high salaries of charity workers and board members in general then it should have written about more than one charity.

yeah, introduced by cornu who pondered that they might represent total earnings from outside jobs such as being on a hospital board

I would say the idea was introduced by Johnnystress when the article was first posted.

No I'd be right; running things would include the money used to pay salaries.

it doesn't have to be an incongruously high salary though, does it?

anyway, to sum up, the argument is:

"i don't believe the figures on that site, who knows what they represent."

well, they're instantly verifiable.

"well, ok, but i don't like the cut of the site's jib."

yes, but the figures still stand.

"well for goodness sake, who's to say 300 grand is even a high salary? even though i was surprised by it and my first reaction was that it must include another very highly-paid outside job."

The figures do indeed stand and the site is indeed a crazy conspiracy website.

I never said the figures were wrong I said the website implied things by presenting the figures in the way they did.

For what it's worth I pretty much said your take on their 'spin' was wrong, we could argue about that if you like?

I never said the figures were wrong I said the website implied things by presenting the figures in the way they did.

For what it's worth I pretty much said your take on their 'spin' was wrong, we could argue about that if you like?
we've argued about that
see the bit where you try to imply that there's nothing 'noteworthy' about 340 grand salaries for charity workers

Ok..we all agree the figures seem "acceptable" in that they aren't out of the ordinary in tindustry. Seems mental to me but that's probably just my Irish begrudgery

A few months this country was in uproar over expenses paid at Rehab, a few months before that the CRC was all over the headlines and heads were going to roll...but it all fizzled out

Revealed - how charities spend your donations - Independent.ie

I hate posting information from dodgy sites, although the coconut info ties n nicely with my recent seeeeiayis posts, so for what it's worth here is the real deal

http://www.alsa.org/assets/pdfs/form-20990-20-20f2014-20irs-20sgd-2006-11-2014.pdf

Ok..so the figures seem "acceptable" in that they aren't out of the ordinary in the industry. Seems mental to me but that's probably just my Irish begrudgery

A few months this country was in uproar over expenses paid at Rehab, a few months before that the CRC was all over the headlines and heads were going to roll...but it all fizzled out

Revealed - how charities spend your donations - Independent.ie

I hate posting information from dodgy sites, although the coconut info ties in nicely with my recent seeeeriayis posts, so for what it's worth here is the real deal

http://www.alsa.org/assets/pdfs/form-20990-20-20f2014-20irs-20sgd-2006-11-2014.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back