The Ice Bucket thread (1 Viewer)

we've argued about that
see the bit where you try to imply that there's nothing 'noteworthy' about 340 grand salaries for charity workers

I don't think Lili was defending the fact that isn't noteworthy (as in its not out of the norm, not that it's not worth commenting on) rather than simply pointing out that this is not unique to ALS. And, while we're fact checking, I'm looking at a table of average CEO salaries for US charities for 2013 and the average for a health charity is $137,919 but the maximum goes up to (sit down before you read on) $1,026,542. That's based on data from 370 health charities. So we can agree that it's not noteworthy in terms of what are considered normal charity salaries and that the ALS charity is no more of a racket than any other charity? (Not implying that they're not rackets but they're not standing out as particularly bad considering the upward limit.)

Now, while I'm digging, the $3.6 million mentioned by the news item is not elaborated upon in the tax return. This could be anything from office workers to carers for people with ALS or for experts to lecture to run courses to medical professionals. It's sloppy reporting to not work out what a $3.6 million chunk of salaries is and instead present it as being used for something other than charitable work. Similarly, travel is being presented as an unnecessary cost despite a large part of running a medical charity involving going to medical conferences, visiting health facilities, going to patient awareness events, etc. So if we look at the ALS pie chart, we can assume that this money, along with the grant money is actually classified under "Public and Professional Education" and "Patient and Community Services" as opposed to paying random consultants (who are listed elsewhere on the tax return) or flying the CEO around the world in first class.

So @nooly, you're right, by actually looking at the tax documents and not the news story, I can get a better picture than the spin put on by that new article.

you do realise that's all you needed to say in the first place and we could have skipped all this bollocks

Jacob: Are you so much a fucking loser, you can't tell when you've won?

Seth: What did you call me?

Jacob: Nothing. I didn't make a statement. I asked a question. Would you like me to ask it again?

Seth: Umm-hmm.

Jacob: Are you such a loser you can't tell when you've won? The entire state of Texas, along with the F.B.I., is looking for you. Did they find you? No. They couldn't. You've won, Seth, enjoy it.

This might be bullshit..saw it on Facebook

A warning to parents of a new craze goin round...the 'salt and ice challenge. ..salt on the skin then ice on top. My daughter an 2 of her freinds were dared to do this while it was recorded on a phone...it does not hurt at the time however as you can see in the picture is causes lasting damage. Taylor will be scarred for life.....had to take her to st johns..there was talk of skin grafts but thankfully it looks like they will be able to treat it over a period of time. After talking to other parents I have discovered that others knew about this....I feel this is information should be shared with others so they can discuss the dangers of peer pressure an the damage they can do to themselves.
10423837_679775792109795_8515142366542395888_n.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back