New ManU Thread - hahahahahahaha (3 Viewers)

Apparently Klopp doesn't want the United gig, which is a real surprise. Dortmund, who are they, like? Where's the Rooney in that?

Billy Davis, lads. He's available.

Very poor form not to let him see out the season, in my opinion.

I suppose they need to line up the ducks
071511_steve_staunton.jpg

I'm obviously very disappointed to see Moyes go, it's a shame he couldn't have pulled off a couple of decent results against their direct rivals to save his skin, like say, Everton or Stoke. It would have been great to see United rot under the folly of sticking by Fergie's 'Chosen One' for at least one more season but I'm not sure the sacking will even help them in the short term. This season was a write off a long time ago, and the only thing that remains is the cherry on the cake of them qualifying for the Europa league. That competition will be no kind of a draw for the players that they need to rebuild and it'll just screw up their schedule in the Premier league next year. Thus meaning another year of them potentially missing out on the Champions league. A debt ridden club trading out of that competition can do themselves real harm if they're not careful, just ask the folk from Anfield.

I'd love to think that Giggs would be given a chance to make a mess of it next year a la Shearer or Sherwood, but if the Glazers don't appoint someone with a proven managerial record of actually winning something then the club is fucked. They may not get who they want, but they need to do something to stop themselves becoming the new Leeds. 'Continuity is key' 'United are not a sacking club' - what a joke of a season they've had. I feel sorry for Moyes, he just wasn't the right man but I'm DELIGHTED that Manchester United and their fans have now been well and truly brought into the real world. A world where managers come and go, history and reputation count for nothing unless you are winning and teams aren't beaten before they turn up. No manager will ever again even spend a fraction of the time at the helm at Old Trafford as Ferguson did. That era is gone, Ferguson was the last man standing from that ethos and tradition. The years of continuous success broken by the odd challengers are gone now, possibly forever. Seeya later Dave, and thank you, your 10 months in charge has done more than you know.

Last edited:
I'm obviously very disappointed to see Moyes go, it's a shame he couldn't have pulled off a couple of decent results against their direct rivals to save his skin, like say, Everton or Stoke. It would have been great to see United rot under the folly of sticking by Fergie's 'Chosen One' for at least one more season but I'm not sure the sacking will even help them in the short term. This season was a write off a long time ago, and the only thing that remains is the cherry on the cake of them qualifying for the Europa league. That competition will be no kind of a draw for the players that they need to rebuild and it'll just screw up their schedule in the Premier league next year. Thus meaning another year of them potentially missing out on the Champions league. A debt ridden club trading out of that competition can do themselves real harm if they're not careful, just ask the folk from Anfield.

I'd love to think that Giggs would be given a chance to make a mess of it next year a la Shearer or Sherwood, but if the Glazers don't appoint someone with a proven managerial record of actually winning something then the club is fucked. They may not get who they want, but they need to do something to stop themselves becoming the new Leeds. 'Continuity is key' 'United are not a sacking club' - what a joke of a season they've had. I feel sorry for Moyes, he just wasn't the right man but I'm DELIGHTED that Manchester United and their fans have now been well and truly brought into the real world. A world where managers come and go, history and reputation count for nothing unless you are winning and teams aren't beaten before they turn up. No manager will ever again even spend a fraction of the time at the helm at Old Trafford as Ferguson did. That era is gone, Ferguson was the last man standing from that ethos and tradition. The years of continuous success broken by the odd challengers are gone now, possibly forever. Seeya later Dave, and thank you, your 10 months in charge has done more than you know.

United are in the Europa League next year?

Ideally the players will react well to Giggs, win a few games and he'll get next season. Then they'll improve a bit, maybe come 6th. Then, barring a miracle, they're fucked for the foreseeable.

I think Louis Van Gaal would be perfect. exactly the kind of short term thinking their new status demands.

United are in the Europa League next year?

As far as I can make out ... Manchester City won the league cup, as they are likely to finish top 4 their Europa League spot for winning that will go to the 6th place team.

If Arsenal finish top 4 and win the FA Cup then Hull take the FA Cup Europa League spot, but if Arsenal were to finish in 5th, and win the FA Cup then they would enter the Europa League by virtue of winning the Cup and their Europa League spot for qualifying via the league would go to the 7th place team, which is likely to be United.

It doesn't seem to make much sense to treat the runners up of the cup competitions differently if the winners make the CL but I'm pretty sure they do.

As far as I can make out ... Manchester City won the league cup, as they are likely to finish top 4 their Europa League spot for winning that will go to the 6th place team.

If Arsenal finish top 4 and win the FA Cup then Hull take the FA Cup Europa League spot, but if Arsenal were to finish in 5th, and win the FA Cup then they would enter the Europa League by virtue of winning the Cup and their Europa League spot for qualifying via the league would go to the 7th place team, which is likely to be United.

It doesn't seem to make much sense to treat the runners up of the cup competitions differently if the winners make the CL but I'm pretty sure they do.

Can you put that on a laminated card?

Some and I emphasise the word "some" of the arrogance and self importance, sorry, in fact self delusion of United fans begins again and frankly it's a joy to watch.

Ancelotti to leave Madrid, Klopp to leave BVB, Pep to leave Bayern, Jupp Heynckes at 68 is going to lead them back to glory. It's laughable.

To be fair most of the fans, mainly the older ones who have been through it before are smart enough to realise that they're now just the biggest mid table side in the world. Right there along side AC Milan and Boca Juniors.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back