Champions League 2013-14 (1 Viewer)

Took off Santi when it SHOULD have been Ozil, but even if he was afeared to take off Ozil, it was a chance to rectify the Sanogo situation. Santi would have put in a shift covering Monreal, which is where all the Bayern attacks were coming from. Wenger can moan all he wants, but he fucked it up.

I don't agree with that, Santi had done fuck all to cover down the left before he was taken off and was actually switched to the middle so Ozil could cover left just before the red card. Perhaps Wenger's error was not starting Rosicky who at least has plenty of energy and is willing to put a shift in.

What was the Sanogo situation? I thought he'd done quite well at the start, terrific bit of skill and long pass to Ox to create a chance and I'm not sure Giroud might have done better last night considering that his head seems to be fucked right now. Kid is very raw though, asking a lot from him to deliver in that big a game.

I don't agree with that, Santi had done fuck all to cover down the left before he was taken off and was actually switched to the middle so Ozil could cover left just before the red card. Perhaps Wenger's error was not starting Rosicky who at least has plenty of energy and is willing to put a shift in.

What was the Sanogo situation? I thought he'd done quite well at the start, terrific bit of skill and long pass to Ox to create a chance and I'm not sure Giroud might have done better last night considering that his head seems to be fucked right now. Kid is very raw though, asking a lot from him to deliver in that big a game.
Sanogo was anonymous, even before the red card. He started okay, but he was sussed pretty quickly. Down to ten against arguably the best team in the world (the badges on their shirts proclaim it), you need experienced heads. The only thing he did after the card was to kick Neuer out of frustration.

I thought Santi was doing okay. Certainly I'd have him over Ozil, given what transpired over the rest of the match. Should have moved Flamini to left back and brought on Remi Garde.

I also hope Zlatan wins it this year

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I hope he wins it, and then kicks that ball against Sepp Blatter's head

Sanogo was anonymous, even before the red card. He started okay, but he was sussed pretty quickly. Down to ten against arguably the best team in the world (the badges on their shirts proclaim it), you need experienced heads. The only thing he did after the card was to kick Neuer out of frustration.

I thought Santi was doing okay. Certainly I'd have him over Ozil, given what transpired over the rest of the match. Should have moved Flamini to left back and brought on Remi Garde.

Cazorla and Ozil were both too light weight for the task last night. Rosicky was a better option and obviously had Ramsay and Arteta been in there it would have been a lot different. Cazorla and Ozil just don't turn their heads and track runners, they didn't seem to grasp the situation either and moved forward when Arsenal had poor possession in areas where they were never going to actually retain the ball. If Flamini hadn't been there telling both f them where they were supposed to be it could have gotten embarrassing.

Sonogo wise, before the red card I thought he lead the line okay, and his movement was good, he's ...eh...unorthodox technique (to say the least, made complete airshot at one stage which is unforgivable against the best) is not easy on the eye at all but he did okay. After it, he worked his socks off with no support he gave Boateng so many problems just by closing him down that Boateng got called ashore at half time. You couldn't ask for much more effort from him. Giroud would not have run that unselfishly, but yeah there's a marked lack of quality in Arsenals options up front. I mean Bendtner ? enough said.

If they'd gone down to 10 men with Giroud up front I'd have been surprised if Sonogo didn't come on to do what he ended up doing.

Sorry, lads, you're right. Sanogo was actually Drogbaesque. Question...what line was he actually leading? Didn't notice one.

Sorry, lads, you're right. Sanogo was actually Drogbaesque. Question...what line was he actually leading? Didn't notice one.
I wouldn't go that far but don't forget Arsenal were well on top fot the first 25 minutes and Sonogo did put Boateng and Dante under all sorts of pressure. Good thing Neuer is so good with his feet some of the passes he got from those two were pretty shocking.

I wouldn't go that far but don't forget Arsenal were well on top fot the first 25 minutes and Sonogo did put Boateng and Dante under all sorts of pressure. Good thing Neuer is so good with his feet some of the passes he got from those two were pretty shocking.
I disagree that it's "a good thing" that Neuer is good with his feet. Manuel is one of the best keepers in the world. He's not at Bayern Munich World Champions (tm) by mistake. They paid a lot of money for him precisely because he has all this shit in his game. It's not a coincidence, pure happenstance, a charming serendipity. It's the result of many years labour and money. On the other hand Arsenal FC Not World Champions decided their best bet was Yaya Sanogo, a young fella starting only his second game for the club in one of the season's most important games.

He may have played okay in the first 25 minutes, but unfortunetly, the match didn't end then, and even if it did it would have been nil all. What you want when you're on top, however briefly, against The World's Best Munich, is a player who'll score some fucking goals, rather than one who'll make life briefly, mildly uncomfortable for some seasoned pros with leagues and cups and Champions Leagues and international caps and what have you. Simply, the free transfer from the French Second division with less than two hours of football under his belt, isn't the guy you need in this situation. What you need is your 42 million quid marquee signing to step up when the going gets tough and show his clas......oh.

I disagree that it's "a good thing" that Neuer is good with his feet. Manuel is one of the best keepers in the world. He's not at Bayern Munich World Champions (tm) by mistake. They paid a lot of money for him precisely because he has all this shit in his game. It's not a coincidence, pure happenstance, a charming serendipity. It's the result of many years labour and money. On the other hand Arsenal FC Not World Champions decided their best bet was Yaya Sanogo, a young fella starting only his second game for the club in one of the season's most important games.

He may have played okay in the first 25 minutes, but unfortunetly, the match didn't end then, and even if it did it would have been nil all. What you want when you're on top, however briefly, against The World's Best Munich, is a player who'll score some fucking goals, rather than one who'll make life briefly, mildly uncomfortable for some seasoned pros with leagues and cups and Champions Leagues and international caps and what have you. Simply, the free transfer from the French Second division with less than two hours of football under his belt, isn't the guy you need in this situation. What you need is your 42 million quid marquee signing to step up when the going gets tough and show his clas......oh.
Jesus christ, hold on a second, They had a plan, the plan was working, they should have been 1-0 up and then the game changed completely in the blink of an eye. Sonogo or Giroud wouldn't have made any difference to the result given the circumstances in which they lost. If they'd scored the penalty and if Sonogo had put in a shift up front pressurising Dante and Boateng into hurried passes all night, then what ? Wenger's a genius ?

It looked to me like Wenger put out the fittest legs he had because he knew they were going to get the run around for most of the night and prior to the sending off the plan was working.

Anyway I'd have thought that had it stayed XI vs XI until half time or there abouts and if Gibbs hadn't been carted off and Schezny sent off then Giroud would have come in at some point probably after Sonogo had run himself into the ground.

The fact is that the sending off changed the game, Sonogo's inclusion really didn't.

Again, you're right. Sanogo is totes like Van Basten, only in Evander Holyfield's body. Totes.

Again, you're right. Sanogo is totes like Van Basten, only in Evander Holyfield's body. Totes.
It's not even the Liverpool thread and you can't help but cram words into my mouth.

Are you my ex-girlfriend ?

I did not say you were a slut I just said you weren't a virgin when we met that's not the same thing.

And admiring your arse doesn't mean it's "big"

Fuck sake .

It's not even the Liverpool thread and you can't help but cram words into my mouth.

Are you my ex-girlfriend ?

I did not say you were a slut I just said you weren't a virgin when we met that's not the same thing.

And admiring your arse doesn't mean it's "big"

Fuck sake .
That's a beautiful post. Full of humanity.

Here's my final thought for today. Shez never takes out Robben, and they play 90 minutes 11 vs 11. Bayern exploit all the space that a full compliment Arsenal leave by foraying out of their own half every now and then and win 4-0. See, the sending off did arsenal a favour. Any pretence of attack was out the window. They hung on. 2-0 isn't the worst result of all time, and so forth.

That's a beautiful post. Full of humanity.

Here's my final thought for today. Shez never takes out Robben, and they play 90 minutes 11 vs 11. Bayern exploit all the space that a full compliment Arsenal leave by foraying out of their own half every now and then and win 4-0. See, the sending off did arsenal a favour. Any pretence of attack was out the window. They hung on. 2-0 isn't the worst result of all time, and so forth.
Right so not happy with just putting words in my mouth you're now making up alternative realities to prove your points.

Right so not happy with just putting words in my mouth you're now making up alternative realities to prove your points.
My point has nothing to do with what you put in your mouth. Or anything to do with you at all. And sure, isn't positing alternate realities what the game is all about?

My point has nothing to do with what you put in your mouth. Or anything to do with you at all. And sure, isn't positing alternate realities what the game is all about?

Now you're not even reading your own posts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back