Champions League 2013-14 (1 Viewer)

I thought he had sent off both Kompany and Zabaletta for shouting at him, would have been amazing. Also, the sound on RTEs commentary was hilarious, it sounded like a 60s match, they should just leave it that way!!!
The tv dudes put up the wrong caption. They were all over the place last night. But I liked that down-the-phone commentary. reminded me of my youth.

The tv dudes put up the wrong caption. They were all over the place last night. But I liked that down-the-phone commentary. reminded me of my youth.
Ah shit I got the uber professional Sky Sports stream where everything I think Gary Neville says out loud for me. Like last night when he started banging on about Villa and Pedro making space for Messi by being unselfish in making runs to take defenders away and how Neymar and Ineasta just will not do that. I was literally typing it into this thread when he said it.

Bit of a prick isn't he ?

I love those phone commentaries. Especially when it was a game in eastern europe.

atletico-madrid-fans1.jpg

atleti.jpg

Atletico-Madrid-fans.jpg

afici%C3%B3n+atleti.jpg

Fucking YES!!!! YES!!! YES!!!!!!

C'mon to fuck

Viva Los Colchoneros !!!!

Yeah, he is. It's dodgy. If it's Chelsea vs Athelti in the final, and one of their best players can't play, then they have to look at this loan bollocks. It's an unfair advantage.

I remember Alvaro Recoba scoring twice against Inter while on loan at another club (from Inter) and basically costing them the league. That's what it's about. Wouldn't it be great to see Victor Moses score the winner against Chelsea at Anfield? It would be pretty funny, at least.

According to the AS English twitter account the terms of Atletico's loan agreement with Chelsea states that if the clubs are to face each other in Europe Courtois can play if Atletico pay €3 million. Perhaps with Chelsea seemingly interested in Costa some arrangement can be reached but fingers crossed the draw keeps the 2 sides apart tomorrow.

A quick look at his wiki page gives the impression that Aranzubia is your typical experienced backup who you hope you don't have to use, 300+ career appearences for Bilbao and Deportivo.

Chelsea wouldn't fancy a big game with Schwartzer in the nets, would they? He's a great player too. Pay the fucking money, AM.

Not the draw I wanted or expected. But The way Atleti are playing it's very possible that they're one game away from a derby i the final. That game could be even more dramatic than last season. 1 goal and maybe 10 red cards ?

Dramatic if not pretty.

They're gonna have to pay to play Courtois. Barca should give them the money. My enemy's enemy is my friend, and all that.

Even if they did get the money out of them, surely Atletico would just add it back on to Diego Costa's price tag in the summer.

Quite possibly, if UEFA had upheld the clause I imagine that there might have been an awful lot of horse trading going on between the clubs in the run up to these games.

Quite possibly, if UEFA had upheld the clause I imagine that there might have been an awful lot of horse trading going on between the clubs in the run up to these games.
It's posts like that which make me fearful for the future of football.

I know what you're saying is probably true, but it's still sickening that a clubs like Atletico or Dortmund can't keep their players. On one hand it's sickening because money plays such a a massive part in football, but that's life and as i've said before football is just an extension of modern society and therefore an extension of the ills of capitalism. While I'm not exactly happy about that i accept it. On the other hand though the fact that teams can be so arrogant as to expect players like Costa to join them based on finance rather than any other factor is pretty galling.

United still seem to believe that players like Gundogun will jump at the chance to play for them because of "who they are" and what they can offer him. It's insane to think that a player would even consider leaving a club who will be competing for the biggest prizes in football to join a club who won't even be in the running. Every player talks about ambition being the driving force in their lives and it's bullshit. If Costa has any ambitions he should stay put and work his arse off.

For Chelski or Liverpool for example the situation it's a little different in that they do play good football and will be around in the final shake up for the league and CL next season. But it still gets under my skin a bit. If Costa goes to Chelski I hope he turns into Diego Forlan or Fernando Torres and scores 5 in 100.

Barca lose to Grenada. There's goes the pressure's off, league is won, theory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back