Sinead O'Connor..take a fucking bow. (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 567
  • Views 53K
  • Watchers 9
Remember the times when you could call someone "gone in the head", "a few sandwiches short of a picnic", "wired to the moon", etc?.

Twitter/social media has ruined all that. The world has gone PC mad fueled by an army of sensitive keyboard warriors.

Remember the times when you could call someone "gone in the head", "a few sandwiches short of a picnic", "wired to the moon", etc?.

Twitter/social media has ruined all that. The world has gone PC mad fueled by an army of sensitive keyboard warriors.

So your contention is that Twitter and social media has made the world a more respectful place?
And that this is a bad thing?
And you're using the argument "It's political correctness gone mad"?

That post has layers of bonkersness embedded in it.

Sex sells Moose you want your band to get noticed ? Then let the cover of your album be a photo of you and your band mates in nothing but Y fronts !

It's political correctness from a viewpoint that differs from the accepted norm

and that's okay

Sex sells Moose you want your band to get noticed ? Then let the cover of your album be a photo of you and your band mates in nothing but Y fronts !

Nothing to do with my band(s) just an observation that celebrity bullshit gets a lot more traction on here than what the site is apparently supposed to be about...

PS I ooze sex appeal so worries in that regard either.

Nothing to do with my band(s) just an observation that celebrity bullshit gets a lot more traction on here than what the site is apparently supposed to be about...

It's a fair point, but this was a particularly interesting spat between an outspoken Irish celebrity and a big US one.

There aren't any X-Factor threads on here or anything.

I'm going for a nap.

Someone text me if Miley or Sinead do anything

No one has really talked much about music on here since I've been posting.
Maybe blame me.

So your contention is that Twitter and social media has made the world a more respectful place?
And that this is a bad thing?
And you're using the argument "It's political correctness gone mad"?

That post has layers of bonkersness embedded in it.

I think social media is ready to pounce en masse, especially when there's an off-color remark like that made by the TD. I don't think he was specifically referring to her mental health when calling her "mad as a brush". I don't think anyone can dispute that Sinead O'Connor has attained crazy status, the same way you'd call MJ 'Whacko Jacko'.

Wired To The Moon is the name of a quite decent Chris Rea LP.

I'd like to see him join the debate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back