What movie did you watch last night? (3 Viewers)

Pacific Rim:

Russell "Stringer" Bell has managed to get out of the game. He's gone clean, and now he commands a force of giant robots, assembled to defend the world from giant monsters coming out of an interdimensional portal at the bottom of the pacific ocean.
Stringer has put together a team of runners to assault the portal. As long as Omar doesn't interfere, they might be able to stop the monster attacks.
Unfortunately, you can take the player out of the game, but you can never take the game out of the player, and an illegal wiretap could bring Stringer down before he can save the world.

Great monster flick, could have used more drugs, some of that WMD maybe. 8/10

World War Z - Actually very enjoyable, if you divorce it from the book.
I enjoyed it.
A bit more of the global stuff would have been good - North Korea for example - I'd have loved to have seen that
It's a shame the last act was so small in scale compared to everything else - it was lake a well made made for tv episode tacked onto the end of a blockbuster.

I enjoyed it.
A bit more of the global stuff would have been good - North Korea for example - I'd have loved to have seen that
It's a shame the last act was so small in scale compared to everything else - it was lake a well made made for tv episode tacked onto the end of a blockbuster.

maybe in the sequel....

Maniac. Slasher film about a serial killer with mommy issues who scalps his victims. All shot from the killer's POV. It's a neat trick although it's used much more effectively in Peep Show. This film is pretty brutal and misogynistic even by slasher movie standards. It's technically well made and the director clearly knows how to build tension but the violence really put me off and I'm not at all squeamish. The soundtrack appears to have been lifted from straight Drive.

Broken. British coming of age drama about a teenage girl with family issues. A bit like Fishtank but not as good. Decent performances - Tim Roth and Cillian Murphy lend it some weight - but it's nothing new and the dramatic gearshift towards darker territory near the end feels a little unconvincing. Not bad but Fishtank and Notes on a Scandal are better films of a similar ilk.
broken_2012-en-1-700x951_big-preview.jpg

sleepwalk-with-me-dvd-cover-98.jpg

A good story does not a good film make. Weeeeeaaakkk

Although maybe if you're into standup it might be great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back