What movie did you watch last night? (15 Viewers)

Pacific Rim. Really enjoyed it. Good 3D, great fight sequences and decent characters. The story felt a little underdeveloped though. Good but not nearly as good as the Hellboy films.

Saw it at the weekend, didn't like it at all.
What didn't you like about it? For me criticisms were the weakish plot, the running length and the main character's annoying narration but overall I enjoyed it. My female friend who I was with enjoyed it because she thought the female character was well developed for an action film and there was a refreshing lack of pervy camera shots of her. She was a total babe.

First of the Hammer box set I just got--and I've since discovered they're all on the interent..oh well

The House That Bled to Death

It was fun spotting the future Eastenders and other familiar faces that cropped up and it's not a bad yarn either

and it also features 80s 'wild child' Emma Ridley, who I'd completely forgotten about

SNF11SPDB-682_730642a.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

What didn't you like about it? For me criticisms were the weakish plot, the running length and the main character's annoying narration but overall I enjoyed it.

All that, I found myself checking my watch with about 35 minutes to go and wondering how much longer this thing was going to go on for. I just found it painfully dull and unengaging.

I liked the bulldog.

Was going to see A Field in England but it's gone from the cinema already. Just sat in and watched tv instead, nothing out at the minute.

The World's End.

Really, really disappointing. Loved spaced, liked the other two films, but this was just poor. A few nice touches here and there and i wanted to like it, but it was like a rushed episode of Doctor Who. Doctor Who is shite. 4/10.

Scanners.

Pretty messy, some brutal acting from the lead, but it is good craic and has plenty of life in it. Richter from Total Recall is a great baddie, he looks good on the screen. The ending special effects are still genuinely mental. 7/10.

Scott Pilgrim.

Chewing gum for the eyes. 10/10.

220px-Magnificent_ambersons_movieposter.jpg

I wanted to see this for some time but was pretty disappointed. It had great cinematography and the sets were amazing. I just couldn't really get into the story.

The Rocker, that guy from the american office tries to be Jack Black in School Of Rock. Fails. This is fairly typically bad film about music. This is what you get when film makers watch spinal tap on repeat and think they "understand" music instead of actually liking music. This is where school of rock wins over almost every rock film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back