Drumcanoo highlights (5 Viewers)

• Thread starter OLP
  • Start date
  • Replies 291
  • Views 33K
  • Watchers 7
The Beat did not ask for bouncers and I asked the bouncers to stand back but they wouldn't. They Beat asked for no barriers as they wanted to intergrate with the crowd. The security boss told em to do that and they wouldn't budge. The Beat were really cool. They said after 30 years of 2 tone they were back where they started playing for punk crowds using beer crates for stands. They're mad to come back and bring loads of other bands. Roger even did a few hours on the gate. They were shocked that this huge underground scene was going on in Ireland. We'd a big chat about the amazing scene that's brewing in Ireland. So most people just assumed they were gonna be cunts and they weren't so hard luck.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

rather funny ghundi video featuring nude kieran and nude ben. . . . there must be more videos out there

Just getting around to thanking everyone (in the 10% ha ha) of people who turned up, played, contributed, worked and caused havoc over the weekend.

We'd a brilliant time. Paco from Inner Terrestrials said that was his favourite gig that he's ever played!?!?!?!? I think I shed a tear at that moment.

Anyone who thinks we're not punk or diy enough I really don't give a fuck. We worked our asses off, we're really proud of ourselves and everyone who worked over the last few months to help pull this off.

Thank you to all the bands (particularly Irish bands) who play for next to nothing. There would be no festival without your support.

Thanks to Ambrose and Jay in the Marquee and Bob, John and Kev in the Hall. Thanks to Viv and Pink and Jasper and June and everyone else.

Need to lie down now zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!zed

the picnic looked great.
just noticed my friend Luciano from Milan here (black tshirt, beard, hair, leftish:

ahhh Luciano! The nuts italian guy, he's deadly sound. Was having a good talk with him over the weekend,
he was saying that there's rumours of another leechrum/SAI fest this year. Anyone able to shed any light on that?

...Incidentally, heres a pretty funny pic my mate took of him at the last leechrum festival

20066191a5306792646l.jpg

:p

Gutted I missed it, but was under doctor's orders, the photos and vids are great. Definitely going next year if it goes ahead!

Ah,its sitting around in yer jocks weather here.

ahhh Luciano! The nuts italian guy, he's deadly sound. Was having a good talk with him over the weekend,
he was saying that there's rumours of another leechrum/SAI fest this year. Anyone able to shed any light on that?

...Incidentally, heres a pretty funny pic my mate took of him at the last leechrum festival

20066191a5306792646l.jpg

:p

I have heard something about something happening there not to the same extent all I can remember was somebody talking about the barn and the same field!!!

i left my flight case for my head in the tent after ghundi set and forgot to take it. if anyone hears where it might be id appreciate it! :/
its big, has wheels and has a ceremony sticker on the top of it

I always thought DIY was about putting your neck on the line for others.

Mary, Oisín, the EMC and everyone else involved with this have almost 0% chance of breaking even let alone making any sort of a profit. Where breaking even is to the tune of thousands of euro, they're most likely gonna be making that sort of a loss. They took this risk to put on a festival which showcased local and international talent and yet people have the cheek to turn around and put them down as being not DIY?????

People need to get their heads out of their arses and stop hiding behind the "I'm more punk than you" ballix.

Dregin for prez.

P.s. I remember the head on you at the Beat.Comedy gold!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back