JohnnyStress on Telly (2 Viewers)

Maybe I am knoledgable,maybe by default of being around a while maybe because punk is something I like. But,I don't claim to be an expert or anything. I just think when you get into something,and it could be punk/rockabilly/train spotting/war re-enactments or whatever,it's very easy to think it's had more of an impact than it has. I just reckon if you disregard any love and knowledge you have of punk and look at it from an outside point of view,it's probably had about as much impact as coffee shops.
Someone conduct a survey on punk by walking up to random mid to late 40 year olds and ask them how important was punk to the world. Then ask them how important a sliced pan is.

sad? why?
nothing to do with longevity in punk ,some people who ve only been around 4 a year are more clued in that so called "veterans are,my first post on this i said i thought it was a bit shallow. not shit ,not anything just a bit shallow
yes i do reckon punk has had far more of an impact than rockabilly and i dont look at it with rose tinted glasses , ive made my points about this and comparisons of bands which theres no point in rehashing
its a sad point cause if you did a survey of any age group ,40 s included , and asked them how important boyzone or take that was on the world ,you get a hell of a differant answer simply cause they are massively popular
one person can have their entire life turned completely upside down and it has more of an impact on the world than a thousand bein "entertained for an evening and forgetting what they saw the next week !!

I can't believe punks with their subculture are slagging rockabilly, makes absolutely no sense in my book. It's all based on primitive stripped down rock'n'roll. Definitely sounds like my subculture is better than yours bullshit.

Oh and Johnny and his missus had to be the smartest looking couple up here on Sunday at the Richard Hawley gig.

in fairness, punk has about a million different sub-genre's.its progressed and evolved so much since its inception.rockabilly is the same old thing again and again.If punk was still nothing but people playing sex pistols and adverts rip-off music all the time it would be pretty boring dont you think?Im not saying this to be all "punk is better than your subculture" but im just pointing out that its VERY different and far more developed.

in fairness, punk has about a million different sub-genre's.its progressed and evolved so much since its inception.rockabilly is the same old thing again and again.If punk was still nothing but people playing sex pistols and adverts rip-off music all the time it would be pretty boring dont you think?Im not saying this to be all "punk is better than your subculture" but im just pointing out that its VERY different and far more developed.

Rockabilly music is 50's punk. Do yourself a favour & go out & buy yourself a copy of "Love Me" by The Phantom or "The Catman" by Gene Vincent & try tellin me this isn't Punk Rock.

im well aware of punk's roots in the 50's.it doesnt change anything i said.Its obvious punk originally took its influence from basic rock and roll.but its come a long way since.Im sure that album is great but im not saying rockabilly music is shit music.its grand, whatever yer into.im just pointing out the vast differences between the two subcultures.

im well aware of punk's roots in the 50's.it doesnt change anything i said.Its obvious punk originally took its influence from basic rock and roll.but its come a long way since.Im sure that album is great but im not saying rockabilly music is shit music.its grand, whatever yer into.im just pointing out the vast differences between the two subcultures.

Unless you start digging deeper into the vaults of rockabilly music you can't comprehend how vast a music culture it is. Start diggin' and then come back to me with an opinion cause your talkin' shite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back