JohnnyStress on Telly (4 Viewers)

Let's use illustrations to help.

http://xkcd.com/341/

From looking at this series of comics, it would seem that some key people involved in the development of torrents and opensource have been influenced by amongst other things, riot grrl and DIY. I'd say its pretty hard to find anyone who would say that downloading and opensource hasn't and isn't currently profoundly affecting the music industry and the world around us.
A stick-female admin who injects TCP packets with oven mitts on is proof of DIY & RiotGrrl's impact on pop culture???

I can't believe punks with their subculture are slagging rockabilly, makes absolutely no sense in my book. It's all based on primitive stripped down rock'n'roll. Definitely sounds like my subculture is better than yours bullshit.

Oh and Johnny and his missus had to be the smartest looking couple up here on Sunday at the Richard Hawley gig.

Oh and Johnny and his missus had to be the smartest looking couple up here on Sunday at the Richard Hawley gig.

oh you :p

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The young one was a 100%, dyed-in-the-wool, genuine Total Fuckin Eejit. I reckon people watching that who are actually into rockabilly for more than five minutes were well ticked off that she was given so much airtime. The entire impression was of someone trying to convince themselves of their own fantasy about themselves. Burger joints and white picket fences, I Love Lucy, one car in the driveway ("sometoimes two, loike"), she obviously didn't have a sniff of a clue.

depending on the income loike huuuhhuuh

Maybe I am knoledgable,maybe by default of being around a while maybe because punk is something I like. But,I don't claim to be an expert or anything. I just think when you get into something,and it could be punk/rockabilly/train spotting/war re-enactments or whatever,it's very easy to think it's had more of an impact than it has. I just reckon if you disregard any love and knowledge you have of punk and look at it from an outside point of view,it's probably had about as much impact as coffee shops.
Someone conduct a survey on punk by walking up to random mid to late 40 year olds and ask them how important was punk to the world. Then ask them how important a sliced pan is.
thats one of the saddest posts ive ever read

I'm just after dragging all of my records into a pile outside and set them on fire.
At least everyone thinks my tears are from the smoke.
If Gary has lost faith in punk then what fucking hope is there?

Just watched this. Odd, I know a handful of the rockabilly punters around Dubtown either by havin a drink with them or mates of mates etc and I saw fuck all of em in this. Aces Wild are solid though. Mocker with his hair all slicked? Stuff of legend.

A stick-female admin who injects TCP packets with oven mitts on is proof of DIY & RiotGrrl's impact on pop culture???

Eh no, but see the bit we're it says "part 1". Well, funnily enough, there's some other parts to it. In fact, its a series, in comic form. :eek: Click on "next>".

Don't get too bogged down in how fictional (riot prrl) it is and the use of licence, it's for exemplary purposes only. The point is that DIY isn't just limited to the punk subculture despite its origins there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back