The Driftwood Manor launch their new album ‘The Same Figure (Leaving)‘ on Friday 15th July with a gig in The Roisin Dubh, Galway.
Rusted Rail and Slow Loris are proud to announce the release of the “The Same Figure (Leaving)” by the Irish avant-folk project The Driftwood Manor on Friday July 15th 2011.
Recorded between October 2008 and May of 2009, The album took in a considerable cast of long-time collaborators, with Driftwood Manor lynchpin Eddie Keenan working closely with friends from across the spectrum of the Irish folk and underground scene. United Bible Studies students Gavin Prior, David Colohan and Vicky Langan all added their talents with Prior in particular working closely with Keenan and co-Producer Steve Fanagan to help shape the sound of the album.
Initially released as a limited edition cdr on French label Ruralfaune in March of 2010, The Driftwood Manor have crafted their own brand of warm and earthy music which weaves strands of apocalyptic appalachia, psychedelic folk and Irish trad into a rich sonic tapestry. This CD is housed in a hand-assembled and hand-stamped recycled card sleeve.
Also playing the launch gig are Dublin’s At Last An Atlas and The Driftwood Manor‘s Rusted Rail labelmates Yawning Chasm.
Rusted Rail & Slow Loris Present:
The Driftwood Manor (ALbum launch)
At Last An Atlas
Upstairs @ The Roisin Dubh
9pm, Friday 15th July, €5
The rest of the tour looks like this:
- Friday 15th – Roisin Dubh Upstairs, Galway 8pm. Featuring the world premiere of the tinyEPICS music video for The Driftwood Manor’s “That Lasting Final Hurt”.
- Sat 16th Passionfruit Theatre, Athlone 8pm
- Sun 17th Hefty Horse, Anseo, Camden st, Dublin.
- Tues 19th – Belmullet Arts Centre, Mayo (Driftwood, Chasm and Music For Dead Birds) Free gig.
- Thurs 21st – Limerick, Wireless Folk. Free gig.
- Fri 22nd – Ennis, Hub Cafe, Free all-ages show.
- Sat 23rd – Tuam, Quinns Rustic Vaults. 9pm, Free show.