Zinedine Kilbane Calls It A Day On Ireland (1 Viewer)

avernus

th_sm_HCS_INT20070523_211.JPG

Killer to leave International set-up Kevin Kilbane who has amassed an amazing 87 caps with the Republic of Ireland will retire from international football at the end of next season. He has been out of Irelands training camp and friendlies with an injury which forced him to miss the last couple of games of the season for Wigan.
He told the Wigan Observer

"A lot of people know my situation its tough being away from the wife and kids, the big thing from my point of view is they have got to come first."

"I know its part and parcel of the job and my wife has been nothing but supportive but there comes a time when you think 'give the youngsters a chance` they are going to get more games than me anyways.

"It would have been difficult being away for that length of time over the summer when I should really be on a break with my family."

http://www.ireland-mad.co.uk/news/loadnews.asp?cid=TMNW&id=393575

thank fuck.

yeah. what he lacked in skill and intelligence he made up in raw energy and determination. unfortunately that usually lead to him receiving the ball in key areas and drilling it into the crowd at the opposite end. big fan of heading it with the top of his head and falling over. good man Killer. Pat rafter.

"It would have been difficult being away for that length of time over the summer when I should really be on a break with my family."

What the fuck is he on about? He does know we didn't qualify for euro 2008

87 caps!? fuck that says a lot.

I'll always have fond memories of watching Kilbane running with the ball towards the left touchline and eventually knocking it out of play. He was the footballing equivalent of a shopping trolley with a wonky wheel.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I for one think that Kilbane was a great servant to Irish football. Always turned up for all the shitty friendlies, always made himself available, always gave 100%. He may not actually have been very good, but it's the managers who picked him, and he did his best and he cared.
So hats off to Kevin Kilbane and fuck the rest of you!

Thanks for the memories, Killer!

100% committed, always did his best. Equally capable of beating two men and whipping in a cross....or beating nobody, losing the ball and tripping over the corner flag.

Regardless, he ALWAYS got back up again and tried his best - something a lot of players just don't seem arsed to do for Ireland these days.

He'll be sorely missed.

True, but long gone are the days when we could put Paul McGrath in midfield because we had a surplus of decent centre backs. What are the alternatives? Alex Bruce?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back