You're Not Splitting Up My Family (1 Viewer)

Daisy's Dukes

Looks interesting:

Tuesday 18 September 2007, Channel 4
9:00pm

This moving documentary follows two young boys, their widowed father and social services, as a family is split up. With unprecedented access, this observational documentary follows both sides of the story as social services become increasingly concerned about two twins’ physical and emotional well-being. Over three eventful months the situation worsens and the boys are removed from the care of their father - and filming stops. Ten years later the documentary revisits the boys to see how their lives turned out.

those poor boys :( I always find programmes like that so hard to deal with. It's awful watching kids who have no choice how they'r brought up...and how it affects them all through their life.
I find ones about parents splitting up (I know this one wasnt about that) very hard as my own parents are divorced.

basically once the mother died, the dad kinda did too. i mean to have seen a pic of him before - he literally aged 20 years after she passed. and he became a reclusive drinker who, when he reminisced about her, completely lit up - until he remembered the reality of his situation. he wasn't a good loving father figure - he wanted to be, but could never follow through. he didnt parent his children and as a result they ended up with over 36 convictions between them at the age of 22 despite being sent to care at the age of 12!!!

so sad. :(

here:
mini-monkey-1.jpg

Sooooooooo sooooooo sad. The scene where the twins were sitting on the couch with their friend Dodger and the dad and granny said that they never wanted to see them again made me cry. The camera zoomed in on Mark and he was fighting back the tears (the first time I'd seen tears from either of them) and looked so young and vulnerable. :(:(:(:(

Then the final scene with Jason walking along holding the hand of his girlfriend's young son and I wondered was the cycle starting over again.

I can't stop thinking about their cheeky little faces hiding their fear and confusion. And, god, it wasn't that long ago that all that unfolded.

A synopsis for those who didn't see it.

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/tv/2007/09/last_nights_tv_youre_not_split.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back