your top moments of the year (1 Viewer)

Ex-User (4368)

yeah, feelgood.

one of mine's got to be at the end of the summer. went fishing a lot in my youth but haven't touched a rod since my early teens. so me and her indoors were down in dingle. got some sand eels, cast out from the beach hoping to catch some bass for tea. not even a nibble. got a bit wet and miserable. we drove past ventry and saw the lil' peer. "we may as well give it a shot..." hooked up two rods with spinners. the lady cast in. pulled out a mackerel, her first ever cast and she catches a fish! she casts in again, same thing happens. between us we end up catching 15 odd mackerel in around 30 minutes... we were totally freaking out. total luck, shoal just happened to be chomping on some sprat that were swimming around the peer. went back to the house and cooked some off... made our brains sing. drank a bottle of wine each while we fished.

good times.

mackerel.jpg

also...

getting lucky.
seeing battles at atp.
seeing phoenix in norway.
loads of shit... this year was actually amazing. yay! fingies cwossed for '06.

Me unknowingly having my right ball hang out of a hole in my jeans on the bus was a top moment, not for the auld one sitting across from me though!

Musically the electric picnic was a great weekend, as was Interpol in the Olympia, finally seeing Whipping Boy live and both Weezer gigs.

The hilarious reaction to me calling Steve Fanning a cunt still makes me laugh to this day especially the peeps who still "de-rep" me at 4 and 5 in the morning :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Football had no highlights whatsoever Man United and Ireland both managed to break my heart over and over again.

The most recent highlight was recording 'Feed the World' backwards during champagne cider and spliff fuelled mania..

Ups:
Birth of second child
Large Mound rocking in Toronto
Large Mound opening for Mudhoney (biggest and most polite audience)
Getting two killer guitars in 2006 (materialistic I know)

Downs:
Not enough rocking

2006:
Super new Large Mound album

ElaSoftMound.jpg

Vinnie said:
My ineternet persona is less of a loser than any of your internet personas so let's call it quits you loser. Merry Christmas Chico.
sure vinnie. you're the business. this was supposed to be a good vibes thread.

Anthony said:
Ups:
Birth of second child
Large Mound rocking in Toronto
Large Mound opening for Mudhoney (biggest and most polite audience)
Getting two killer guitars in 2006 (materialistic I know)

Downs:
Not enough rocking

2006:
Super new Large Mound album

yah, not much can beat rocking in a different country.
the new DF cd will see the light in april - something like 3 years in the making (on and off. mostly off). will be preceeded by the giraffe running thing (finally got ian williams contribution back so it's 99% there. the all-out winner though is mike steven's contribution - wait 'til you hear it folks!)
hopefully new band making debut also. to dream of playing abroad in 2006 may be too greedy. who knows.

Zeelander said:
Overall this year was pretty rad. Some tough stuff got in the way of the rad stuff, but tough stuff is ok cos it makes you realise how rad the rad people are cos they're there for you when stuff is tough, which is rad.

2006 is going to rock though. Non stop.
tough stuff makes you smarter. yay for people who help during tough stuff. nice talking to you the other night snowblaster :)

Highlights for me:

-My sister having a baby and seeing the world afresh through my nephew's eyes.
-Another deadly trip to Italy with my Girlfriend.
-Cycling around Inis Mor on Mushies.
-Getting my solo shit together.
-Getting the new HGF album in the can and feeling pretty positive about it.
-Putting on a gig for and hanging out with Part Chimp watching Jason and the Argonauts with Herbrew Subtitles
-Seeing Josh Pearson win over an audience at the Ballroom, meeting the guy and realising that the old adage "Never meet your heroes" doesn't always ring true :).
-Buying and starting to learn the accordian

chico said:
tough stuff makes you smarter. yay for people who help during tough stuff. nice talking to you the other night snowblaster :)
You too dude. I hope you and your lovely lady enjoy Christmas and have more good times next year. She wants you to get her a hat and scarf for Christmas by the way, so I hope you have that covered!!

I made a joke (genuinely) and you called me a loser. Hardly the stuff of good cheer. Not to worry. And please dont use my real name on this board. I'm incognito.

My highlight of the year hasn't happened yet. It had fucking better.

chico said:
sure vinnie. you're the business. this was supposed to be a good vibes thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back