Your claim to fame? (2 Viewers)

I nearly puked on Grasshopper from Mercury Rev once. But just managed to swallow it back and run to the jacks.

I was with someone who hangs around here (I won't say who for fear of embarrasing him) who made me shout the whole way through the gig for his favourite Mercury Rev song which was apparently Tugboat.

I was very drunk - very loud - and very near the front row - an got some very odd looks from the stage.

I was in Mary Robinson's gaff the other day. Knocked about for a bit, cause it was pissing it down outside, and I wasnt in the mood for driving my bike home with bald tyres in floods of water. I noticed that she has packed most of it away cause she is moving back to the gaff in Ballina.
Did a bit of tidying up, and then robbed some cheese out of the fridge to make a sangwidge.

Then I put her bins out. Cause I am a thoughtful bitch. Nice enough apartment though.

HOly Shit! Can't believe I forgot this! -

I got pissed with Mike Watt. Or to more accurately describe it, he watched me getting pissed. I dropped a full pint clean out of my hand right in front of him. Completely squandered the whole evening. He is quite the hugger though.
He was smoking marlboro reds, and he said this was because he was in Dublin. My friend bored him to death talking about Iggy Pop, and he hadn't even heard of the Minutemen!

Incredible, sincere guy.

I accidentally set fire to a massive tablecloth at the Gangos of new York premier after dinner jobby. Daniel day-lewis was right beside me. It was great.

im famous by proxy

one of my brothers was the boy on the cover of those inflatable hound puppies or

oh yeah and i was in a TV ad for milk when i was bout 6 even though i fucking hate the stuff

I had tea and cakes with maureen potter every crimbo from when i was very small. Right after going to check out the lego in switzers me granny would bring me up to meet her in bewleys, then later that week we'd go the panto in the gaiety. I get all teary whenever i end up there these days; toasting maureen whenever i stagger up and down the stairs.

I had tea and cakes with maureen potter every crimbo from when i was very small. Right after going to check out the lego in switzers me granny would bring me up to meet her in bewleys, then later that week we'd go the panto in the gaiety. I get all teary whenever i end up there these days; toasting maureen whenever i stagger up and down the stairs.

She was a tremendous talent, Irelands very own Judy Garland.

my mum used to do panto with her in the gaiety (my mum was in her early 20s at the time.)

she was deadly, was maureen.

I burned one down with Luke 'Ming' Flanagan on Monday night, after he was the guest speaker at the UCC Philosophical Sociey 'Free The Weed' debate. A couple of us strolled down to him afterwards and invited him up for a j.

Thom Yorke wouldnt shake my 13 year old hand because he had a bottle of beer in it - I said fuck you, child shaped man!*

Steve Poltz rang me and asked me to come for a pint of guinness once. I didn't, but not because I didn't want to.

I said something retarded to Dave Fanning - possibly along the lines of "you're great, Dave!". Dickhead.

I told Dave Matthews how to spell 'Aoife'. He was pleasant.

I said 'hi' to Mick Grondahl once.

*no i didnt

I met Mother Teresa years ago. ANd Mary McAleese pretty recently though she's not quite on the same fame scale. I would swear her hair was one solid object. There were various types who I met in Berlin who were apparently "famous in my own country". Whateva. As for my personal moment of glory, I graced the cover of the Westmeath Examiner back in the day. I was working for Bord na Mona and the muthafuckers came out taking pictures of us as we stood there up to our knees in bog *cry* They took photos of loads of people but I could've died when it was the one of me and the bro that got printed:eek:

I also once saw Daniel O'Donnell in a sweetshop in Mullingar. The mother was beside herself because she missed him.

Oh I forgot I met dicky rock in some shop in Blanchards town once..... He was looking at microwaves.

I actually found out a week or so ago i have a claim to fame that will be showing up in magazines all over the shop in the coming months. But i've been sworn to secrecy. All i'll say is this: Singer Songwriters are CUNTS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back