• Replies 22
  • Views 2K
  • Watchers 3

egg_

nerd/hippy
Supporter
Since 1999
Where dogs wear hats and birds fly backwards
Isabelle keeps asking about good and bad. Are sharks bad? Are tigers bad? I say "well, animals can't really be bad, but if they're hungry they might eat you, so they are dangerous"

Should I just say "they're bad"? Or "don't worry about it dear, most sharks are ok but some of them are bad"? Or what?

Tricky one.

I explained to my niece (think she's about the same age as your daughter) that animals, and some people, don't know the difference between good and bad.

When the dog bit her she was at great pains to explain to her granny that it wasn't the dog's fault because it didn't know it shouldn't have bitten her and that it wasn't a "bad dog".

I was all for having the animal put down myself.

Ask her has she had a conversation with a real shark or tiger or whatever,explain that she can't judge until she knows them.
Nature being amoral is probably the best though.

Its the same as people there are some bad and some good. So the sharks thing works the same, some good some bad. If they are going to eat you then they are bad

I always felt sharks were more naughty than bad.
And Tigers are clearly the Fonzies of the animal world. Cooool.

would you settle on "a bit cheeky" pantone?
Because, I mean, some of them sharks can be fierce cheeky.
Take this lad for instance. Lord knows what sort of schemes he's planing.
shark.jpg

as long as crabs are designated as bad, the exact ins and outs of the classification methodology don't worry me.

I'd probably just say 'I dunno - sharks look bad but then they're great swimmers - what do you think isabelle?' and then wait for the comedy gold to start flowing. It's funny how kids can often think up an answer to their own questions.

How do you teach a three month old baby morals?

Going rasher and shouting "goya goya goya goya goya goya" like a gobshite at four o'clock in the morning is just plain evil, but HMB won't listen.

Isabelle keeps asking about good and bad. Are sharks bad? Are tigers bad? I say "well, animals can't really be bad, but if they're hungry they might eat you, so they are dangerous"

i think your on the right track with this one. if you tell her some of them are bad she might start thinking its her responsibility to teach them good and smack the dog or something. next she'll be smacking her classmates at school and eventually calling for reintroduction of the lash.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back