Your call with Brenda Power. (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter mark
  • Start date
  • Replies 78
  • Views 10K
  • Watchers 4

mark

M&S Wine Gums FTW
this morning they are discussing how muslims can integrate into irish society and in the middle of all the unbalanced comments that were coming in from the thick irish public, power herself piped up and asked a muslim lady caller

"would you consider muslim women without their heads covered to be sluts?"

never listened to that show before, and will never again.

fuckwit.

totally valid discussion. 'east is east' was on last week and it made me think about this very issue. but you put a delicate topic like this in the hands of an idiot like brenda power this is the kind of thing your going to get.

There was an article in yesterdays Times about yet another horrific murder involving a young muslim girl in Iran who was deemed to have dishonoured her family.

Brenda Powers question may have been crudely put but in essence the veil or any other enforced "covering up" whatever is a gross insult to women and humanity in general

a vile carbuncle on the anus of a civilised society

sorry, went a bit myers there

but seriously..

religions? fuck em

So did the muslim lady consider them sluts or what?

Did she answer or did she just tell her to fuck off?

It's Newstalk's Joe Duffy, like how smart can you sound when you have to validate the public's concerns?

If Brenda and Joe were in a fight, who'd win?

It’s the weak link in their schedule (though I’m not hugely fond of the morning show either). I don’t think they need to have that sort of “baiting the stupider members of the public into texting in crap” type show.
I’m sure Brenda Power is a smart lady, she seems to have trouble with the format of dealing with daft public opinion while trying to somehow also have an intelligent discussion.

I'd hate the term 'slut' to be thrown around too lightly. I feel that Redz seems to be the only place that exemplifies the word in its true sense. If wrapped-up women are called sluts, then you'll just end up with people getting disappointed. 'Hey, here comes a slut' . . .'aw, a muslim slut - I thought you meant a real slut'.

It’s the weak link in their schedule (though I’m not hugely fond of the morning show either). I don’t think they need to have that sort of “baiting the stupider members of the public into texting in crap” type show.
I’m sure Brenda Power is a smart lady, she seems to have trouble with the format of dealing with daft public opinion while trying to somehow also have an intelligent discussion.
yeah Liveline is actually better, Joe Duffy gets better bigger problems

I like this line from Ray Davies new album

" Don't want to be a Buddhist but I need some peace and harmony"

so in answer to your question

er...

1.Scientology

2.Scientologists

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back